DRA, SBA strike new Delta-focused partnership
by Associated Press
Published: August 25,2011
MISSISSIPPI DELTA — The Delta Regional Authority and the Small Business Administration have announced a new partnership aimed at recruiting financial institutions to the Delta to help businesses in the region.
Officials with the two agencies planned to announce the new agreement at an event this morning at Mid-South Community College in West Memphis, Ark. They’re signing a memorandum of understanding to coordinate efforts to identify and recruit local and national financial institutions to help small businesses in the area.
They also plan to use their network of local resources to support retaining and expanding economic development programs in the region.
The authority was formed in 2000 to help coordinate economic development efforts in portions of Alabama, Arkansas, Illinois, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri and Tennessee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JACKSON JILTED —Southwest Airlines pulling up stakes and leaving Mississippi
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- M&F branches to close as Renasant wraps up merger