DRA, SBA strike new Delta-focused partnership
by Associated Press
Published: August 25,2011
MISSISSIPPI DELTA — The Delta Regional Authority and the Small Business Administration have announced a new partnership aimed at recruiting financial institutions to the Delta to help businesses in the region.
Officials with the two agencies planned to announce the new agreement at an event this morning at Mid-South Community College in West Memphis, Ark. They’re signing a memorandum of understanding to coordinate efforts to identify and recruit local and national financial institutions to help small businesses in the area.
They also plan to use their network of local resources to support retaining and expanding economic development programs in the region.
The authority was formed in 2000 to help coordinate economic development efforts in portions of Alabama, Arkansas, Illinois, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri and Tennessee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Education officials changing school rating system
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Historic COFO building demolished due to structural problems
- Capital City voters to elect new mayor in runoff
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- New shareholders named for Copeland, Cook, Taylor and Bush
- MSU's Gilbert named finalist for Austin Peay presidency
- Communities vie for TVA sustainability designation
- American HealthTech passes Medicare tests
- First Corolla earmarked for export rolls off of Toyota's line