DRA, SBA strike new Delta-focused partnership
by Associated Press
Published: August 25,2011
MISSISSIPPI DELTA — The Delta Regional Authority and the Small Business Administration have announced a new partnership aimed at recruiting financial institutions to the Delta to help businesses in the region.
Officials with the two agencies planned to announce the new agreement at an event this morning at Mid-South Community College in West Memphis, Ark. They’re signing a memorandum of understanding to coordinate efforts to identify and recruit local and national financial institutions to help small businesses in the area.
They also plan to use their network of local resources to support retaining and expanding economic development programs in the region.
The authority was formed in 2000 to help coordinate economic development efforts in portions of Alabama, Arkansas, Illinois, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri and Tennessee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data