DRA, SBA strike new Delta-focused partnership
Published: August 25,2011
MISSISSIPPI DELTA — The Delta Regional Authority and the Small Business Administration have announced a new partnership aimed at recruiting financial institutions to the Delta to help businesses in the region.
Officials with the two agencies planned to announce the new agreement at an event this morning at Mid-South Community College in West Memphis, Ark. They’re signing a memorandum of understanding to coordinate efforts to identify and recruit local and national financial institutions to help small businesses in the area.
They also plan to use their network of local resources to support retaining and expanding economic development programs in the region.
The authority was formed in 2000 to help coordinate economic development efforts in portions of Alabama, Arkansas, Illinois, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri and Tennessee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)