DRA, SBA strike new Delta-focused partnership
Published: August 25,2011
MISSISSIPPI DELTA — The Delta Regional Authority and the Small Business Administration have announced a new partnership aimed at recruiting financial institutions to the Delta to help businesses in the region.
Officials with the two agencies planned to announce the new agreement at an event this morning at Mid-South Community College in West Memphis, Ark. They’re signing a memorandum of understanding to coordinate efforts to identify and recruit local and national financial institutions to help small businesses in the area.
They also plan to use their network of local resources to support retaining and expanding economic development programs in the region.
The authority was formed in 2000 to help coordinate economic development efforts in portions of Alabama, Arkansas, Illinois, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri and Tennessee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image