McAfee named to board
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 28,2011
Dr. Dalton H. McAfee, extension administrator at Alcorn State University, was recently appointed to the board of directors of the American Distance Education Consortium (ADEC). McAfee will serve on the ADEC executive committee that officially represents 1890 institutions.
A native of Brandon, McAfee holds a doctorate from Ohio State University, a master’s degree from Tuskegee University and a bachelor’s degree from Alcorn.
In 1974, he assumed responsibility as assistant administrator for the Cooperative Extension Program at North Carolina A&T State University. McAfee was selected to serve as associate dean and administrator for the North Carolina A&T Cooperative Extension Program in 1994.
In 2006, McAfee accepted the ADEC Irving-Barrier Buster Award for hurricane assistance the Alcorn State University Extension Program (ASUEP) provided during the Katrina disaster in the Mississippi Gulf Coast. He and Dr. John Ort, associate dean and director of the Cooperative Extension Service at North Carolina State University, were honored in 2000 with the USDA’s Silver Plow Award in recognition of North Carolina Cooperative Extension’s contribution to relief efforts after Hurricane Floyd. In 1997, they received from then Secretary of Agriculture, Dan Glickman, the Superior Service Award for emergency response efforts in the aftermath of Hurricane Fran in 1996.
In 2003, McAfee was appointed to extension administrator for ASUEP. He served as interim dean, School of Agriculture, Research, Extension and Applied Sciences (AREAS) from 2006 to 2008. McAfee has served on numerous state and national committees. His international experience includes work in several Caribbean nations, Belize, Russia and India.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Haley Barbour: Kemper plant will rival Grand Gulf’s performance
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- MDOT commissioner: National group gets it ‘backwards’ on state’s spending on bridge upkeep
- BEN WILLIAMS AND MOLLY JEFFCOAT: Title certificates, reports, commitments & policies: The difference may be your job!
- JOSH MABUS: Make it in Mississippi
- With S&P suit settled, Mississippi set to take on Moody’s over flawed investment ratings
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- LOUANN LOFTON: A book of maps for lovers of New Orleans
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves