MDA’s Medley going to Florida
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 28,2011
Melissa Medley, a marketing professional whose career comprises work in the public, private and entrepreneurial/small business sectors, is now Enterprise Florida’s senior vice president overseeing its Marketing & Strategic Intelligence Division.
To be based in Tallahassee, Medley will succeed Sena Black, who retires this week after a 12-year stint in Enterprise Florida’s chief marketing role.
Medley will bring to Florida an extensive business history from the Southeast region, and specifically Texas and Mississippi. Currently, she serves as the chief marketing officer for Mississippi Development Authority (MDA). Medley joined MDA in 2006, and as CMO and a member of the executive team. Medley also serves as the liaison to Gov. Haley Barbour’s office for all economic development public relations activities and events.
Her accomplishments include the creation of Team Mississippi, an initiative that led to a unified approach by five utility organizations to market the state to site selection consultants. Most recently, she spearheaded a comprehensive study and implementation of a statewide marketing plan to launch the state’s creative economy program.
In Waco, Texas, Medley served as vice president of corporate marketing for Profiles International, which produces employment evaluation and human resource management assessment tools that help businesses recruit the best talent for their needs. Simultaneously, Medley owned and managed her own firm, Success Marketing.
Medley earned a bachelor’s degree at the University of Southern Mississippi. She is also certified in marketing management by the Accreditation Institute of Sales and Marketing Executives International Inc., of which she is a past chair.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option