MDA’s Medley going to Florida
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 28,2011
Melissa Medley, a marketing professional whose career comprises work in the public, private and entrepreneurial/small business sectors, is now Enterprise Florida’s senior vice president overseeing its Marketing & Strategic Intelligence Division.
To be based in Tallahassee, Medley will succeed Sena Black, who retires this week after a 12-year stint in Enterprise Florida’s chief marketing role.
Medley will bring to Florida an extensive business history from the Southeast region, and specifically Texas and Mississippi. Currently, she serves as the chief marketing officer for Mississippi Development Authority (MDA). Medley joined MDA in 2006, and as CMO and a member of the executive team. Medley also serves as the liaison to Gov. Haley Barbour’s office for all economic development public relations activities and events.
Her accomplishments include the creation of Team Mississippi, an initiative that led to a unified approach by five utility organizations to market the state to site selection consultants. Most recently, she spearheaded a comprehensive study and implementation of a statewide marketing plan to launch the state’s creative economy program.
In Waco, Texas, Medley served as vice president of corporate marketing for Profiles International, which produces employment evaluation and human resource management assessment tools that help businesses recruit the best talent for their needs. Simultaneously, Medley owned and managed her own firm, Success Marketing.
Medley earned a bachelor’s degree at the University of Southern Mississippi. She is also certified in marketing management by the Accreditation Institute of Sales and Marketing Executives International Inc., of which she is a past chair.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- Baker Donelson recognized
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- Coyotes are wily predators and pests in Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur