No regrets from suddenly profitable Cadence Bank
Starkville bank nearly triples branches; adds 73 in South with Community Bancorp acquisition of Superior Bank
Relief and optimism have replaced last summer’s struggle for survival for Starkville’s Cadence National Bank.
The new lease on life for the multi-state regional bank came courtesy of a nearly $150 million capital infusion from Community Bancorp, a Houston, Texas, banking investment group that swooped in last October to take over Cadence after the bank had agreed to an acquisition by Jackson’s Trustmark.
It’s still a tough time to be a banker, said Cadence chairman Paul Murphy, the Community Bancorp chief who put the acquisition deal together last fall.
The sector has a lot of “revenue headwinds” and has entered a new and challenging regulatory era with the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, he said.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology