Stion: Bankruptcy not in the plans
Company: Thin-film technology will create solar success; plant ribbon cutting set for Sept. 16
While some industry experts speculate more solar companies may also fail or move production to China, Stion and other manufacturers feel secure with thin-film technology.
Evergreen used solar wafer technology, which was favored by investors in 2007, because their efficient process used much less of the costly raw material polysilicon. Since that time, silicon prices have fallen significantly, making that advantage less meaningful.
While risk-taking and failure are part of the innovation process, Evergreen’s Aug. 15 bankruptcy is interesting because the company received a significant amount of support…
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image