Stion: Bankruptcy not in the plans
Company: Thin-film technology will create solar success; plant ribbon cutting set for Sept. 16
While some industry experts speculate more solar companies may also fail or move production to China, Stion and other manufacturers feel secure with thin-film technology.
Evergreen used solar wafer technology, which was favored by investors in 2007, because their efficient process used much less of the costly raw material polysilicon. Since that time, silicon prices have fallen significantly, making that advantage less meaningful.
While risk-taking and failure are part of the innovation process, Evergreen’s Aug. 15 bankruptcy is interesting because the company received a significant amount of support…
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money