Stion: Bankruptcy not in the plans
Company: Thin-film technology will create solar success; plant ribbon cutting set for Sept. 16
While some industry experts speculate more solar companies may also fail or move production to China, Stion and other manufacturers feel secure with thin-film technology.
Evergreen used solar wafer technology, which was favored by investors in 2007, because their efficient process used much less of the costly raw material polysilicon. Since that time, silicon prices have fallen significantly, making that advantage less meaningful.
While risk-taking and failure are part of the innovation process, Evergreen’s Aug. 15 bankruptcy is interesting because the company received a significant amount of support…
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- USM staffers Olivia Hurst and Catherine Lott recognized by Public Relations Association of Mississippi