USDA-ARS appoints Tucker
USDA-ARS administrator Dr. Edward Knipling announced the appointment of Archie Tucker as the Mid South assistant area director. Tucker is a native of Leland and has also been very active in civic affairs. Archie’s civic activities have led to other personal recognition including the Distinguished Alumni Award in 2005 and the Herbert White Preeminence Award for Achievement in Excellence from Mississippi Valley State University (MVSU), a resolution from the Mississippi House of Representatives and Parent of the Year for the 1999-2000 school year from the Mississippi State Board of Education.
Additionally, Tucker is a member of several organizations including the Advisory Board of the National Society for Minorities in Agriculture, Natural Resources and Related Sciences, Executive Board of Alcorn State University and the National Alumni Association for MVSU.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Education officials changing school rating system
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Capital City voters to elect new mayor in runoff
- Historic COFO building demolished due to structural problems
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.