USDA-ARS appoints Tucker
USDA-ARS administrator Dr. Edward Knipling announced the appointment of Archie Tucker as the Mid South assistant area director. Tucker is a native of Leland and has also been very active in civic affairs. Archie’s civic activities have led to other personal recognition including the Distinguished Alumni Award in 2005 and the Herbert White Preeminence Award for Achievement in Excellence from Mississippi Valley State University (MVSU), a resolution from the Mississippi House of Representatives and Parent of the Year for the 1999-2000 school year from the Mississippi State Board of Education.
Additionally, Tucker is a member of several organizations including the Advisory Board of the National Society for Minorities in Agriculture, Natural Resources and Related Sciences, Executive Board of Alcorn State University and the National Alumni Association for MVSU.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports