USDA-ARS appoints Tucker
USDA-ARS administrator Dr. Edward Knipling announced the appointment of Archie Tucker as the Mid South assistant area director. Tucker is a native of Leland and has also been very active in civic affairs. Archie’s civic activities have led to other personal recognition including the Distinguished Alumni Award in 2005 and the Herbert White Preeminence Award for Achievement in Excellence from Mississippi Valley State University (MVSU), a resolution from the Mississippi House of Representatives and Parent of the Year for the 1999-2000 school year from the Mississippi State Board of Education.
Additionally, Tucker is a member of several organizations including the Advisory Board of the National Society for Minorities in Agriculture, Natural Resources and Related Sciences, Executive Board of Alcorn State University and the National Alumni Association for MVSU.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval
- Bill would make only 1 hospital follow open-meetings act