USDA-ARS appoints Tucker
USDA-ARS administrator Dr. Edward Knipling announced the appointment of Archie Tucker as the Mid South assistant area director. Tucker is a native of Leland and has also been very active in civic affairs. Archie’s civic activities have led to other personal recognition including the Distinguished Alumni Award in 2005 and the Herbert White Preeminence Award for Achievement in Excellence from Mississippi Valley State University (MVSU), a resolution from the Mississippi House of Representatives and Parent of the Year for the 1999-2000 school year from the Mississippi State Board of Education.
Additionally, Tucker is a member of several organizations including the Advisory Board of the National Society for Minorities in Agriculture, Natural Resources and Related Sciences, Executive Board of Alcorn State University and the National Alumni Association for MVSU.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)