USDA-ARS appoints Tucker
USDA-ARS administrator Dr. Edward Knipling announced the appointment of Archie Tucker as the Mid South assistant area director. Tucker is a native of Leland and has also been very active in civic affairs. Archie’s civic activities have led to other personal recognition including the Distinguished Alumni Award in 2005 and the Herbert White Preeminence Award for Achievement in Excellence from Mississippi Valley State University (MVSU), a resolution from the Mississippi House of Representatives and Parent of the Year for the 1999-2000 school year from the Mississippi State Board of Education.
Additionally, Tucker is a member of several organizations including the Advisory Board of the National Society for Minorities in Agriculture, Natural Resources and Related Sciences, Executive Board of Alcorn State University and the National Alumni Association for MVSU.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth
- UM Chancellor Jones: Lymphoma treatment going well
- County to ask if it can use unspent hurricane recovery money