USDA-ARS appoints Tucker
USDA-ARS administrator Dr. Edward Knipling announced the appointment of Archie Tucker as the Mid South assistant area director. Tucker is a native of Leland and has also been very active in civic affairs. Archie’s civic activities have led to other personal recognition including the Distinguished Alumni Award in 2005 and the Herbert White Preeminence Award for Achievement in Excellence from Mississippi Valley State University (MVSU), a resolution from the Mississippi House of Representatives and Parent of the Year for the 1999-2000 school year from the Mississippi State Board of Education.
Additionally, Tucker is a member of several organizations including the Advisory Board of the National Society for Minorities in Agriculture, Natural Resources and Related Sciences, Executive Board of Alcorn State University and the National Alumni Association for MVSU.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MBJ BUSINESS PERSON OF THE YEAR — Forward thinking: C Spire's Hu Meena has made the most of 2013
- Alcorn president resigns as investigation continues
- Unfinished Margaritaville casino to be razed
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on
- C Spire ‘all in it’ as digital technology accelerates, expands into nearly all our lives
- C Spire to acquire communications provider
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Camellia Home Health and Hospice launches a new fleet of vehicles
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Waller wants statewide county court system