Zala leaving O’Keefe
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 28,2011
The Sun Herald reports that Eric Zala is leaving the Mary C. O’Keefe Center for Arts and Education to take a job in California. In Zala’s three years as director, community support has grown, gross revenue has doubled and the net income has quadrupled, making the venue less dependent on grants.
Ocean Springs Mayor Connie Moran said she hopes the board of trustees for the center will run a national search to find someone of Zala’s caliber as the next director.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- MDOT study: State's airports generate $2.5B-plus in economic activity