Zala leaving O’Keefe
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 28,2011
The Sun Herald reports that Eric Zala is leaving the Mary C. O’Keefe Center for Arts and Education to take a job in California. In Zala’s three years as director, community support has grown, gross revenue has doubled and the net income has quadrupled, making the venue less dependent on grants.
Ocean Springs Mayor Connie Moran said she hopes the board of trustees for the center will run a national search to find someone of Zala’s caliber as the next director.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- MEMA warns of hottest temperatures of the year
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — State roots key to Edge Theory's Joe Stradinger