Allstate agents approve affiliation with union
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 29,2011
GULFPORT — Approximately a week after a vote in favor of affiliating with Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU), AFL-CIO, the board of directors of the National Association of Professional Allstate Agents Inc. (NAPAA) voted to approve the affiliation.
The roll call vote by the board followed a secret ballot in which, according to OPEIU, NAPAA membership voted nearly unanimously to affiliate.
The membership vote was administered by the American Arbitration Association (AAA). Ballots were counted at AAA’s New York office Aug. 17. The effective date of the affiliation agreement is Sept. 1.
NAPAA members will now be granted membership in OPEIU, the national AFL-CIO and all State Federations of Labor.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Allstate agents approve affiliation with union”
Top Posts & Pages
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Entergy gives solar a shot
- Critics say Pearl out to eliminate mobile homes and apartments – not safeguard them
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- State Sen. McDaniel traveling Mississippi to promote PAC
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- (VIDEO) DON GLIDEWELL — The threat of cyber crime to businesses is real
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur