Allstate agents approve affiliation with union
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 29,2011
GULFPORT — Approximately a week after a vote in favor of affiliating with Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU), AFL-CIO, the board of directors of the National Association of Professional Allstate Agents Inc. (NAPAA) voted to approve the affiliation.
The roll call vote by the board followed a secret ballot in which, according to OPEIU, NAPAA membership voted nearly unanimously to affiliate.
The membership vote was administered by the American Arbitration Association (AAA). Ballots were counted at AAA’s New York office Aug. 17. The effective date of the affiliation agreement is Sept. 1.
NAPAA members will now be granted membership in OPEIU, the national AFL-CIO and all State Federations of Labor.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Allstate agents approve affiliation with union”
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Meadville mayor seeks Sojourner's Senate seat
- Entergy plans three solar-power pilot projects
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Record soybean yield is valued at $1.17 billion
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case