Allstate agents approve affiliation with union
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 29,2011
GULFPORT — Approximately a week after a vote in favor of affiliating with Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU), AFL-CIO, the board of directors of the National Association of Professional Allstate Agents Inc. (NAPAA) voted to approve the affiliation.
The roll call vote by the board followed a secret ballot in which, according to OPEIU, NAPAA membership voted nearly unanimously to affiliate.
The membership vote was administered by the American Arbitration Association (AAA). Ballots were counted at AAA’s New York office Aug. 17. The effective date of the affiliation agreement is Sept. 1.
NAPAA members will now be granted membership in OPEIU, the national AFL-CIO and all State Federations of Labor.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Allstate agents approve affiliation with union”
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi