Allstate agents approve affiliation with union
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 29,2011
GULFPORT — Approximately a week after a vote in favor of affiliating with Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU), AFL-CIO, the board of directors of the National Association of Professional Allstate Agents Inc. (NAPAA) voted to approve the affiliation.
The roll call vote by the board followed a secret ballot in which, according to OPEIU, NAPAA membership voted nearly unanimously to affiliate.
The membership vote was administered by the American Arbitration Association (AAA). Ballots were counted at AAA’s New York office Aug. 17. The effective date of the affiliation agreement is Sept. 1.
NAPAA members will now be granted membership in OPEIU, the national AFL-CIO and all State Federations of Labor.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Allstate agents approve affiliation with union”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal