Allstate agents approve affiliation with union
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 29,2011
GULFPORT — Approximately a week after a vote in favor of affiliating with Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU), AFL-CIO, the board of directors of the National Association of Professional Allstate Agents Inc. (NAPAA) voted to approve the affiliation.
The roll call vote by the board followed a secret ballot in which, according to OPEIU, NAPAA membership voted nearly unanimously to affiliate.
The membership vote was administered by the American Arbitration Association (AAA). Ballots were counted at AAA’s New York office Aug. 17. The effective date of the affiliation agreement is Sept. 1.
NAPAA members will now be granted membership in OPEIU, the national AFL-CIO and all State Federations of Labor.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Allstate agents approve affiliation with union”
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Cannabis for the rest of us
- MARTY WISEMAN: The current racial strife and the failure to educate
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- BILL CRAWFORD: Boyce takes hot spot as IHL commissioner
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Real Estate Forum panelists: Lenders, investors hungry for deals on residential rentals in Miss., elsewhere
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast