Health Department awards CONs to five projects
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 29,2011
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH) has issued five certificates of need (CONs) for projects scattered across the state.
Montfort Jones Memorial Hospital in Kosciusko has received CON authority for the cost overrun to CON #R-0812 (expansion/renovation of hospital). The proposed expenditure was changed due to additional costs from excavating an existing landfill and filling with solid soil.
The original capital expenditure for this project was $15.5 million. The additional capital expenditure for this project is approximately $3.01 million.
University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson has received a CON for the cost overrun to CON #R-0805 (cafeteria renovation). The original project’s scope and budget have been changed to reflect an additional 1,135 square feet of construction space. The original capital expenditure for this project was approximately $4.58. The additional capital expenditure for this project is approximately $2.02 million.
Anderson Regional Medical Center in Meridian, Mississippi has received CON authority for the amendment to CON #0797 (acquisition of MRI equipment and establishment of MRI services). The original construction plan for the proposed project has been altered to better suit the facility. The original capital expenditure for this project was roughly $3.68 million. The additional capital expenditure for this project is $919,540.
Imaging Center of Meridian, LLC, has received a CON for the acquisition or otherwise control of MRI equipment. The proposed project will replace the current mobile MRI with MRI equipment and full-time service at the current location. The total capital expenditure for this project is $400,000.
King’s Daughters Medical Center in Brookhaven has received CON authority for the acquisition/control of MRI equipment and the conversion of mobile MRI to fixed MRI services. The total capital expenditure for this project is approximately $1.49 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- MDA to lead delegation on mission to Europe
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center