Health Department awards CONs to five projects
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 29,2011
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH) has issued five certificates of need (CONs) for projects scattered across the state.
Montfort Jones Memorial Hospital in Kosciusko has received CON authority for the cost overrun to CON #R-0812 (expansion/renovation of hospital). The proposed expenditure was changed due to additional costs from excavating an existing landfill and filling with solid soil.
The original capital expenditure for this project was $15.5 million. The additional capital expenditure for this project is approximately $3.01 million.
University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson has received a CON for the cost overrun to CON #R-0805 (cafeteria renovation). The original project’s scope and budget have been changed to reflect an additional 1,135 square feet of construction space. The original capital expenditure for this project was approximately $4.58. The additional capital expenditure for this project is approximately $2.02 million.
Anderson Regional Medical Center in Meridian, Mississippi has received CON authority for the amendment to CON #0797 (acquisition of MRI equipment and establishment of MRI services). The original construction plan for the proposed project has been altered to better suit the facility. The original capital expenditure for this project was roughly $3.68 million. The additional capital expenditure for this project is $919,540.
Imaging Center of Meridian, LLC, has received a CON for the acquisition or otherwise control of MRI equipment. The proposed project will replace the current mobile MRI with MRI equipment and full-time service at the current location. The total capital expenditure for this project is $400,000.
King’s Daughters Medical Center in Brookhaven has received CON authority for the acquisition/control of MRI equipment and the conversion of mobile MRI to fixed MRI services. The total capital expenditure for this project is approximately $1.49 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money