Health Department awards CONs to five projects
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 29,2011
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH) has issued five certificates of need (CONs) for projects scattered across the state.
Montfort Jones Memorial Hospital in Kosciusko has received CON authority for the cost overrun to CON #R-0812 (expansion/renovation of hospital). The proposed expenditure was changed due to additional costs from excavating an existing landfill and filling with solid soil.
The original capital expenditure for this project was $15.5 million. The additional capital expenditure for this project is approximately $3.01 million.
University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson has received a CON for the cost overrun to CON #R-0805 (cafeteria renovation). The original project’s scope and budget have been changed to reflect an additional 1,135 square feet of construction space. The original capital expenditure for this project was approximately $4.58. The additional capital expenditure for this project is approximately $2.02 million.
Anderson Regional Medical Center in Meridian, Mississippi has received CON authority for the amendment to CON #0797 (acquisition of MRI equipment and establishment of MRI services). The original construction plan for the proposed project has been altered to better suit the facility. The original capital expenditure for this project was roughly $3.68 million. The additional capital expenditure for this project is $919,540.
Imaging Center of Meridian, LLC, has received a CON for the acquisition or otherwise control of MRI equipment. The proposed project will replace the current mobile MRI with MRI equipment and full-time service at the current location. The total capital expenditure for this project is $400,000.
King’s Daughters Medical Center in Brookhaven has received CON authority for the acquisition/control of MRI equipment and the conversion of mobile MRI to fixed MRI services. The total capital expenditure for this project is approximately $1.49 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- State’s MAGIC accounting system works, albeit with glitches
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium