Housing authority mulling RV park, campgrounds unhappy
by Associated Press
Published: August 29,2011
BILOXI — The Biloxi Housing Authority is considering building a recreational vehicle park on U.S. Highway 90.
Owners of other campgrounds in the city say they have been struggling since Hurricane Katrina and are just getting back on track from the oil spill. They don’t welcome more competition.
Bobby Hensley, director of the Biloxi Housing Authority, tells The Sun Herald if the campground is built, the Housing Authority will pay taxes like everyone else. And he said the campground would support public housing.
Hensley said the Department of Housing and Urban Development and federal government have told housing authorities they need to find ways to make money.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Housing authority mulling RV park, campgrounds unhappy”
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property
- Davis resigns, turning over mayor's office early
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- Woman indicted for Medicaid fraud; faces up to 35 years in prison
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Report: State's teacher education programs 'mediocre at best'
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones