Housing authority mulling RV park, campgrounds unhappy
Published: August 29,2011
BILOXI — The Biloxi Housing Authority is considering building a recreational vehicle park on U.S. Highway 90.
Owners of other campgrounds in the city say they have been struggling since Hurricane Katrina and are just getting back on track from the oil spill. They don’t welcome more competition.
Bobby Hensley, director of the Biloxi Housing Authority, tells The Sun Herald if the campground is built, the Housing Authority will pay taxes like everyone else. And he said the campground would support public housing.
Hensley said the Department of Housing and Urban Development and federal government have told housing authorities they need to find ways to make money.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Housing authority mulling RV park, campgrounds unhappy”
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- Man charged in noose left on integration statue at Ole Miss