Housing authority mulling RV park, campgrounds unhappy
Published: August 29,2011
BILOXI — The Biloxi Housing Authority is considering building a recreational vehicle park on U.S. Highway 90.
Owners of other campgrounds in the city say they have been struggling since Hurricane Katrina and are just getting back on track from the oil spill. They don’t welcome more competition.
Bobby Hensley, director of the Biloxi Housing Authority, tells The Sun Herald if the campground is built, the Housing Authority will pay taxes like everyone else. And he said the campground would support public housing.
Hensley said the Department of Housing and Urban Development and federal government have told housing authorities they need to find ways to make money.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Housing authority mulling RV park, campgrounds unhappy”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- 'Get on Up' movie opens in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet