Housing authority mulling RV park, campgrounds unhappy
Published: August 29,2011
BILOXI — The Biloxi Housing Authority is considering building a recreational vehicle park on U.S. Highway 90.
Owners of other campgrounds in the city say they have been struggling since Hurricane Katrina and are just getting back on track from the oil spill. They don’t welcome more competition.
Bobby Hensley, director of the Biloxi Housing Authority, tells The Sun Herald if the campground is built, the Housing Authority will pay taxes like everyone else. And he said the campground would support public housing.
Hensley said the Department of Housing and Urban Development and federal government have told housing authorities they need to find ways to make money.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Housing authority mulling RV park, campgrounds unhappy”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications