Housing authority mulling RV park, campgrounds unhappy
Published: August 29,2011
BILOXI — The Biloxi Housing Authority is considering building a recreational vehicle park on U.S. Highway 90.
Owners of other campgrounds in the city say they have been struggling since Hurricane Katrina and are just getting back on track from the oil spill. They don’t welcome more competition.
Bobby Hensley, director of the Biloxi Housing Authority, tells The Sun Herald if the campground is built, the Housing Authority will pay taxes like everyone else. And he said the campground would support public housing.
Hensley said the Department of Housing and Urban Development and federal government have told housing authorities they need to find ways to make money.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Housing authority mulling RV park, campgrounds unhappy”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Mike Morgan has calmness of mind