Camgian develops next-generation satellite router
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 30,2011
STARKVILLE — Camgian Microsystems Corporation has successfully completed the development and initial testing of its next-generation Quantus satellite router technology within the oil and gas industry.
The smaller, more compact router device supports the integration of advanced sensor technologies with ORBCOMM’s low-Earth orbit (LEO) satellite data communications network. Combined with Camgian’s cloud-based operations intelligence software, the new GPS-enabled router technology will provide companies and organizations significant value as it relates to the management of their global supply chains, according to Camgian.
“The new router provides a gateway to the global ORBCOMM communications network, enabling simple sensor installation without the uncertainties of landline or cellular infrastructure,” said Ryan Jorgenson, Camgian’s vice president of advanced systems.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- Nullification and interposition
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge