Lexaria buys oil-producing assets from Brinx
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 30,2011
WILKINSON COUNTY — Lexaria Corporation has acquired certain producing oil assets within its core operating area in Wilkinson County.
Vancouver, British Columbia-based Lexaria has purchased all of the 10 percent gross working interest held by Brinx Resources, Ltd. in the Belmont Lake Oil Field and in other oil and gas assets in the area. As a result of this acquisition, Lexaria now owns between 42 percent and 50 percent gross working interest in the four producing oil wells at Belmont Lake, and 42 percent in any future development wells to be drilled therein.
At the current time, plans are to drill two more PUD development wells at Belmont Lake this season, subject to a number of conditions.
Basic terms for the acquisition of the 10 percent gross working interest in the Belmont Lake Oil Field and assorted other nearby oil and gas assets are a purchase price of $400,000, of which $200,000 is paid, and another $200,000 payment is due by Nov. 12; and, the issuance of 800,000 shares of restricted common stock of Lexaria.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet