Mississippi Power files rate reduction plan with PSC
GULFPORT — At the request of Public Service Commissioner Leonard Bentz, Mississippi Power Company has filed a rate reduction incentive plan that includes rate reduction incentives for new businesses as well as incentives for existing businesses.
In August, Bentz passed a plan aimed at helping to encourage the development of new small businesses with the requirement that utility companies also file plans for rate reduction incentives for existing businesses.
Entergy Mississippi, Atmos Energy Corporation, CenterPoint Energy Resources and Wilmut Gas & Oil Company have filed plans for new businesses that include reduced rates, waived security deposits and plans that encourage the use of existing or vacant buildings. Similar incentive plans for existing businesses that are served by these companies are expected to be filed with Bentz’s office soon.
Plans will go into effect by Sept. 9.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money