Mississippi Power files rate reduction plan with PSC
GULFPORT — At the request of Public Service Commissioner Leonard Bentz, Mississippi Power Company has filed a rate reduction incentive plan that includes rate reduction incentives for new businesses as well as incentives for existing businesses.
In August, Bentz passed a plan aimed at helping to encourage the development of new small businesses with the requirement that utility companies also file plans for rate reduction incentives for existing businesses.
Entergy Mississippi, Atmos Energy Corporation, CenterPoint Energy Resources and Wilmut Gas & Oil Company have filed plans for new businesses that include reduced rates, waived security deposits and plans that encourage the use of existing or vacant buildings. Similar incentive plans for existing businesses that are served by these companies are expected to be filed with Bentz’s office soon.
Plans will go into effect by Sept. 9.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)