Mississippi Power files rate reduction plan with PSC
GULFPORT — At the request of Public Service Commissioner Leonard Bentz, Mississippi Power Company has filed a rate reduction incentive plan that includes rate reduction incentives for new businesses as well as incentives for existing businesses.
In August, Bentz passed a plan aimed at helping to encourage the development of new small businesses with the requirement that utility companies also file plans for rate reduction incentives for existing businesses.
Entergy Mississippi, Atmos Energy Corporation, CenterPoint Energy Resources and Wilmut Gas & Oil Company have filed plans for new businesses that include reduced rates, waived security deposits and plans that encourage the use of existing or vacant buildings. Similar incentive plans for existing businesses that are served by these companies are expected to be filed with Bentz’s office soon.
Plans will go into effect by Sept. 9.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill