Mississippi Power files rate reduction plan with PSC
GULFPORT — At the request of Public Service Commissioner Leonard Bentz, Mississippi Power Company has filed a rate reduction incentive plan that includes rate reduction incentives for new businesses as well as incentives for existing businesses.
In August, Bentz passed a plan aimed at helping to encourage the development of new small businesses with the requirement that utility companies also file plans for rate reduction incentives for existing businesses.
Entergy Mississippi, Atmos Energy Corporation, CenterPoint Energy Resources and Wilmut Gas & Oil Company have filed plans for new businesses that include reduced rates, waived security deposits and plans that encourage the use of existing or vacant buildings. Similar incentive plans for existing businesses that are served by these companies are expected to be filed with Bentz’s office soon.
Plans will go into effect by Sept. 9.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- The link between education and economic development