Mississippi Power files rate reduction plan with PSC
GULFPORT — At the request of Public Service Commissioner Leonard Bentz, Mississippi Power Company has filed a rate reduction incentive plan that includes rate reduction incentives for new businesses as well as incentives for existing businesses.
In August, Bentz passed a plan aimed at helping to encourage the development of new small businesses with the requirement that utility companies also file plans for rate reduction incentives for existing businesses.
Entergy Mississippi, Atmos Energy Corporation, CenterPoint Energy Resources and Wilmut Gas & Oil Company have filed plans for new businesses that include reduced rates, waived security deposits and plans that encourage the use of existing or vacant buildings. Similar incentive plans for existing businesses that are served by these companies are expected to be filed with Bentz’s office soon.
Plans will go into effect by Sept. 9.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force