Infrastructure improvements nearly complete for McKesson
by Associated Press
Published: August 31,2011
OLIVE BRANCH — The City of Olive Branch has almost finished improving roads and utility lines near the site of a pharmaceutical warehouse that’s supposed to open in 2012.
The Commercial Appeal reports the infrastructure improvements were part of the package of incentives to lure McKesson Corp. to the city in northern Mississippi.
The company announced last summer that it would build a $115 million distribution facility in Olive Branch — a project slated to create about 300 jobs.
The Mississippi Development Authority is providing $4 million for infrastructure improvements and to assist with preparation costs for the project.
Olive Branch is contributing up to $260,500 for infrastructure improvements and in-kind services, and DeSoto County is providing $250,000 for infrastructure improvements.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- USM staffers Olivia Hurst and Catherine Lott recognized by Public Relations Association of Mississippi