Infrastructure improvements nearly complete for McKesson
Published: August 31,2011
OLIVE BRANCH — The City of Olive Branch has almost finished improving roads and utility lines near the site of a pharmaceutical warehouse that’s supposed to open in 2012.
The Commercial Appeal reports the infrastructure improvements were part of the package of incentives to lure McKesson Corp. to the city in northern Mississippi.
The company announced last summer that it would build a $115 million distribution facility in Olive Branch — a project slated to create about 300 jobs.
The Mississippi Development Authority is providing $4 million for infrastructure improvements and to assist with preparation costs for the project.
Olive Branch is contributing up to $260,500 for infrastructure improvements and in-kind services, and DeSoto County is providing $250,000 for infrastructure improvements.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager