Singing River offering new service to international travelers
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 31,2011
PASCAGOULA — International travelers from the Mississippi Gulf Coast can now find all of the medical information and services they need at Singing River Health System (SRHS) MedWorks, which has begun offering pre-travel consultations and immunizations.
With two international airports and two international commercial ports located less than 50 miles from Jackson County, Dr. Tom Pessoney, medical director of the occupational medicine clinic, said the availability of these services will meet a definite need for business and recreational travelers from the Gulf Coast.
“Until now, the international traveler has had difficulty finding a comprehensive resource for all the medical services and information needed to properly prepare for an international trip,” Pessoney said.
The Centers for Disease Control recommends consulting a travel medicine specialist four to six weeks before a planned international trip.
The Medworks staff will evaluate a client’s general health and based on the traveler’s planned itinerary, recommend immunizations and other health precautions to be taken before, during and after travel. MedWorks is a certified Yellow Fever Vaccination Center.
MedWorks is located at 5912 Old Mobile Highway in Pascagoula. Call (228) 471-1000 or visit mysrhs.com for more information.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Singing River offering new service to international travelers”
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- State of Louisiana mulling plan for Amtrak route