Singing River offering new service to international travelers
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 31,2011
PASCAGOULA — International travelers from the Mississippi Gulf Coast can now find all of the medical information and services they need at Singing River Health System (SRHS) MedWorks, which has begun offering pre-travel consultations and immunizations.
With two international airports and two international commercial ports located less than 50 miles from Jackson County, Dr. Tom Pessoney, medical director of the occupational medicine clinic, said the availability of these services will meet a definite need for business and recreational travelers from the Gulf Coast.
“Until now, the international traveler has had difficulty finding a comprehensive resource for all the medical services and information needed to properly prepare for an international trip,” Pessoney said.
The Centers for Disease Control recommends consulting a travel medicine specialist four to six weeks before a planned international trip.
The Medworks staff will evaluate a client’s general health and based on the traveler’s planned itinerary, recommend immunizations and other health precautions to be taken before, during and after travel. MedWorks is a certified Yellow Fever Vaccination Center.
MedWorks is located at 5912 Old Mobile Highway in Pascagoula. Call (228) 471-1000 or visit mysrhs.com for more information.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Singing River offering new service to international travelers”
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas