Singing River offering new service to international travelers
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 31,2011
PASCAGOULA — International travelers from the Mississippi Gulf Coast can now find all of the medical information and services they need at Singing River Health System (SRHS) MedWorks, which has begun offering pre-travel consultations and immunizations.
With two international airports and two international commercial ports located less than 50 miles from Jackson County, Dr. Tom Pessoney, medical director of the occupational medicine clinic, said the availability of these services will meet a definite need for business and recreational travelers from the Gulf Coast.
“Until now, the international traveler has had difficulty finding a comprehensive resource for all the medical services and information needed to properly prepare for an international trip,” Pessoney said.
The Centers for Disease Control recommends consulting a travel medicine specialist four to six weeks before a planned international trip.
The Medworks staff will evaluate a client’s general health and based on the traveler’s planned itinerary, recommend immunizations and other health precautions to be taken before, during and after travel. MedWorks is a certified Yellow Fever Vaccination Center.
MedWorks is located at 5912 Old Mobile Highway in Pascagoula. Call (228) 471-1000 or visit mysrhs.com for more information.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Singing River offering new service to international travelers”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location