Great American Steamboat Co. chooses GodwinGroup
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 1,2011
JACKSON — GodwinGroup of Jackson has been selected to provide branding and launch support for the Great American Steamboat Company, a Memphis-based firm specializing in luxury steamboat voyages on the Mississippi and Ohio rivers.
GodwinGroup will be responsible for developing initial marketing strategies, web presence and sales materials, with a focus on building brand identity and strong competitive positioning across national markets.
The Great American Steamboat Company began business operations in August with the acquisition of the American Queen, the largest paddlewheel steamboat in the world. While the company is based in Memphis, the American Queen will dock at Vicksburg and is scheduled to begin operations this spring.
“We selected GodwinGroup based on their proven track record of working with other leaders within the tourism industry, including previous work on behalf of the fabled Delta Queen Steamboat Company,” said Christopher Kyte, president of Great American Steamboat Company.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Scientists seeing more invasive trapjaw ants on Coast
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- Trop Greenville ahead of schedule on significant expansion