Great American Steamboat Co. chooses GodwinGroup
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 1,2011
JACKSON — GodwinGroup of Jackson has been selected to provide branding and launch support for the Great American Steamboat Company, a Memphis-based firm specializing in luxury steamboat voyages on the Mississippi and Ohio rivers.
GodwinGroup will be responsible for developing initial marketing strategies, web presence and sales materials, with a focus on building brand identity and strong competitive positioning across national markets.
The Great American Steamboat Company began business operations in August with the acquisition of the American Queen, the largest paddlewheel steamboat in the world. While the company is based in Memphis, the American Queen will dock at Vicksburg and is scheduled to begin operations this spring.
“We selected GodwinGroup based on their proven track record of working with other leaders within the tourism industry, including previous work on behalf of the fabled Delta Queen Steamboat Company,” said Christopher Kyte, president of Great American Steamboat Company.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil