Great American Steamboat Co. chooses GodwinGroup
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 1,2011
JACKSON — GodwinGroup of Jackson has been selected to provide branding and launch support for the Great American Steamboat Company, a Memphis-based firm specializing in luxury steamboat voyages on the Mississippi and Ohio rivers.
GodwinGroup will be responsible for developing initial marketing strategies, web presence and sales materials, with a focus on building brand identity and strong competitive positioning across national markets.
The Great American Steamboat Company began business operations in August with the acquisition of the American Queen, the largest paddlewheel steamboat in the world. While the company is based in Memphis, the American Queen will dock at Vicksburg and is scheduled to begin operations this spring.
“We selected GodwinGroup based on their proven track record of working with other leaders within the tourism industry, including previous work on behalf of the fabled Delta Queen Steamboat Company,” said Christopher Kyte, president of Great American Steamboat Company.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project