Great American Steamboat Co. chooses GodwinGroup
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 1,2011
JACKSON — GodwinGroup of Jackson has been selected to provide branding and launch support for the Great American Steamboat Company, a Memphis-based firm specializing in luxury steamboat voyages on the Mississippi and Ohio rivers.
GodwinGroup will be responsible for developing initial marketing strategies, web presence and sales materials, with a focus on building brand identity and strong competitive positioning across national markets.
The Great American Steamboat Company began business operations in August with the acquisition of the American Queen, the largest paddlewheel steamboat in the world. While the company is based in Memphis, the American Queen will dock at Vicksburg and is scheduled to begin operations this spring.
“We selected GodwinGroup based on their proven track record of working with other leaders within the tourism industry, including previous work on behalf of the fabled Delta Queen Steamboat Company,” said Christopher Kyte, president of Great American Steamboat Company.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JOSH MABUS: The Tao of Road House
- Answering the Bell: Interim Ole Miss law school dean well-regarded for directing hands-on clinical training