Mississippi College breaks enrollment record
by Associated Press
Published: September 1,2011
CLINTON — Mississippi College officials report a record 5,270 students are enrolled this fall.
Administrators tell The Clarion-Ledger it is a gain of 262 students over fall 2010, and numbers have risen across the board.
There are now 3,238 undergraduates compared to 3,148 last fall. Graduate enrollment has reached 1,263 students compared to 1,152 last fall.
There are 573 students at the MC School of Law in downtown Jackson, up from the 550 students a year ago.
MC’s new physician assistant program at the Baptist Healthplex has 28 graduate students enrolled. In partnership with the University of Mississippi Medical Center, federal clinics and other healthcare facilities in the area, the graduate program is the only one of its type in the state.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom