Mississippi College breaks enrollment record
Published: September 1,2011
CLINTON — Mississippi College officials report a record 5,270 students are enrolled this fall.
Administrators tell The Clarion-Ledger it is a gain of 262 students over fall 2010, and numbers have risen across the board.
There are now 3,238 undergraduates compared to 3,148 last fall. Graduate enrollment has reached 1,263 students compared to 1,152 last fall.
There are 573 students at the MC School of Law in downtown Jackson, up from the 550 students a year ago.
MC’s new physician assistant program at the Baptist Healthplex has 28 graduate students enrolled. In partnership with the University of Mississippi Medical Center, federal clinics and other healthcare facilities in the area, the graduate program is the only one of its type in the state.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015