Mississippi College breaks enrollment record
Published: September 1,2011
CLINTON — Mississippi College officials report a record 5,270 students are enrolled this fall.
Administrators tell The Clarion-Ledger it is a gain of 262 students over fall 2010, and numbers have risen across the board.
There are now 3,238 undergraduates compared to 3,148 last fall. Graduate enrollment has reached 1,263 students compared to 1,152 last fall.
There are 573 students at the MC School of Law in downtown Jackson, up from the 550 students a year ago.
MC’s new physician assistant program at the Baptist Healthplex has 28 graduate students enrolled. In partnership with the University of Mississippi Medical Center, federal clinics and other healthcare facilities in the area, the graduate program is the only one of its type in the state.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications
- State Rep. Patterson switches from Democrats to GOP
- Ex-baliff wants pay or her job back after termination
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015