Mississippi College breaks enrollment record
Published: September 1,2011
CLINTON — Mississippi College officials report a record 5,270 students are enrolled this fall.
Administrators tell The Clarion-Ledger it is a gain of 262 students over fall 2010, and numbers have risen across the board.
There are now 3,238 undergraduates compared to 3,148 last fall. Graduate enrollment has reached 1,263 students compared to 1,152 last fall.
There are 573 students at the MC School of Law in downtown Jackson, up from the 550 students a year ago.
MC’s new physician assistant program at the Baptist Healthplex has 28 graduate students enrolled. In partnership with the University of Mississippi Medical Center, federal clinics and other healthcare facilities in the area, the graduate program is the only one of its type in the state.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- 'Get on Up' movie opens in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi