Mississippi College breaks enrollment record
Published: September 1,2011
CLINTON — Mississippi College officials report a record 5,270 students are enrolled this fall.
Administrators tell The Clarion-Ledger it is a gain of 262 students over fall 2010, and numbers have risen across the board.
There are now 3,238 undergraduates compared to 3,148 last fall. Graduate enrollment has reached 1,263 students compared to 1,152 last fall.
There are 573 students at the MC School of Law in downtown Jackson, up from the 550 students a year ago.
MC’s new physician assistant program at the Baptist Healthplex has 28 graduate students enrolled. In partnership with the University of Mississippi Medical Center, federal clinics and other healthcare facilities in the area, the graduate program is the only one of its type in the state.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics