TVA makes top 10 for economic development
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 2,2011
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — The Tennessee Valley Authority has been named for the sixth straight year among Site Selection magazine’s top 10 North American utilities for achievement in economic development.
The publication recognizes TVA’s fiscal year 2010 work with power distributors, and regional, state and local partners to help attract or retain more than 41,000 jobs and leverage $4.3 billion in capital investment for the seven-state TVA service territory.
John Bradley, TVA senior vice president of economic development, said TVA’s economic development’s support has contributed to 264,500 new or retained jobs and $27 billion in business investment in the region since 2005.
Notable projects announced in 2010 include major Amazon distribution centers in Chattanooga and Bradley County, Tenn.; a new plant in Fort Payne, Ala., for Canadian automotive manufacturer A.P. Plasman; and, expansion in Glasgow, Ky., by generic drug manufacturer Amneal Pharmaceuticals.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Report: Mississippi only state to see drop in home prices
- Palmertree blocked from using public funds for legal defense
- Two companies fined for violations of 'No-Call' law
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- John Ferrucci'a perfect voice is perfect for the Silver Slipper Casino
- City suing Hercules for pollution at shuttered plant site
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project