TVA makes top 10 for economic development
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 2,2011
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — The Tennessee Valley Authority has been named for the sixth straight year among Site Selection magazine’s top 10 North American utilities for achievement in economic development.
The publication recognizes TVA’s fiscal year 2010 work with power distributors, and regional, state and local partners to help attract or retain more than 41,000 jobs and leverage $4.3 billion in capital investment for the seven-state TVA service territory.
John Bradley, TVA senior vice president of economic development, said TVA’s economic development’s support has contributed to 264,500 new or retained jobs and $27 billion in business investment in the region since 2005.
Notable projects announced in 2010 include major Amazon distribution centers in Chattanooga and Bradley County, Tenn.; a new plant in Fort Payne, Ala., for Canadian automotive manufacturer A.P. Plasman; and, expansion in Glasgow, Ky., by generic drug manufacturer Amneal Pharmaceuticals.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- CARTOON — Nobile illustrates Thad Cochran's most significant advantage over the competition
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Judge denies ex-mayor's motion to vacate Katrina-related conviction
- Wiseman retiring after nearly 30 years with Stennis Institute
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Real estate developer to plead guilty to wetlands violation
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State