TVA makes top 10 for economic development
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 2,2011
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — The Tennessee Valley Authority has been named for the sixth straight year among Site Selection magazine’s top 10 North American utilities for achievement in economic development.
The publication recognizes TVA’s fiscal year 2010 work with power distributors, and regional, state and local partners to help attract or retain more than 41,000 jobs and leverage $4.3 billion in capital investment for the seven-state TVA service territory.
John Bradley, TVA senior vice president of economic development, said TVA’s economic development’s support has contributed to 264,500 new or retained jobs and $27 billion in business investment in the region since 2005.
Notable projects announced in 2010 include major Amazon distribution centers in Chattanooga and Bradley County, Tenn.; a new plant in Fort Payne, Ala., for Canadian automotive manufacturer A.P. Plasman; and, expansion in Glasgow, Ky., by generic drug manufacturer Amneal Pharmaceuticals.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- Madison's Christmas on Ice will not take place this year
- SPECIAL REPORT: Land may hold key to Jackson airport’s success
- Ex-judge disciplined, but not barred, by Supreme Court
- Gunn: State's GOP needs to heal after Senate primary battle
- Bank welcomes Little
- SPECIAL REPORT: A savvy pro is sought for Jackson airport's CEO
- USM Foundation sees second-highest fundraising total in history