Hosemann picks Hawks
Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann has tapped former chief of staff to Congressman Alan Nunnelee (R-Miss.) and former White House deputy director of management Diane Hawks to serve as chief of staff to the Mississippi Secretary of State’s Office.
A DeSoto County native, Hawks has served both her community and state through various professional and civic organizations, which include: vice president, Mississippi Association of Conservation Districts; director, Mississippi Soybean Promotion Board; director, Mississippi Farm Bureau Federation; vice president, Mississippi Corn Growers Association; director, Mississippi State University Research and Technology Corporation; and, director of deployment, National Republican Senatorial Committee.
Hawks also has an extensive background in private enterprise, serving as incorporator and director of Community Bank and as co-owner and co-manager of Hawks Farming and Northwest Mississippi Flying Service Inc., all based in Hernando.
Hawks holds a bachelor’s of science degree from the University of Mississippi in education.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Answering the Bell: Interim Ole Miss law school dean well-regarded for directing hands-on clinical training
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast