Hosemann picks Hawks
Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann has tapped former chief of staff to Congressman Alan Nunnelee (R-Miss.) and former White House deputy director of management Diane Hawks to serve as chief of staff to the Mississippi Secretary of State’s Office.
A DeSoto County native, Hawks has served both her community and state through various professional and civic organizations, which include: vice president, Mississippi Association of Conservation Districts; director, Mississippi Soybean Promotion Board; director, Mississippi Farm Bureau Federation; vice president, Mississippi Corn Growers Association; director, Mississippi State University Research and Technology Corporation; and, director of deployment, National Republican Senatorial Committee.
Hawks also has an extensive background in private enterprise, serving as incorporator and director of Community Bank and as co-owner and co-manager of Hawks Farming and Northwest Mississippi Flying Service Inc., all based in Hernando.
Hawks holds a bachelor’s of science degree from the University of Mississippi in education.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Race to the pump: Feds appear ready to beat state on new gas taxes
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- 3 dozen groups OK'd for Miss. specialty car tags
- Senate transportation chair seeks emergency money for roads, bridges