Hosemann picks Hawks
Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann has tapped former chief of staff to Congressman Alan Nunnelee (R-Miss.) and former White House deputy director of management Diane Hawks to serve as chief of staff to the Mississippi Secretary of State’s Office.
A DeSoto County native, Hawks has served both her community and state through various professional and civic organizations, which include: vice president, Mississippi Association of Conservation Districts; director, Mississippi Soybean Promotion Board; director, Mississippi Farm Bureau Federation; vice president, Mississippi Corn Growers Association; director, Mississippi State University Research and Technology Corporation; and, director of deployment, National Republican Senatorial Committee.
Hawks also has an extensive background in private enterprise, serving as incorporator and director of Community Bank and as co-owner and co-manager of Hawks Farming and Northwest Mississippi Flying Service Inc., all based in Hernando.
Hawks holds a bachelor’s of science degree from the University of Mississippi in education.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal