Watkins Ludlam combining with New Orleans law firm
by Wally Northway
Published: September 4,2011
In one the biggest merger and acquisition announcements in the state’s legal community in recent years, Jackson-based Watkins Ludlam Winter & Stennis, P.A., one of Mississippi’s largest law firms, is combining with Jones, Walker, Waechter, Poitevent, Carrere & Denegre, LLP, of New Orleans.
The two firms, which announced the merger last week, expect the transaction to be finalized on or before Jan. 1, 2012.
Mississippi College’s dean of the school of law Dean Rosenblatt …
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- The link between education and economic development
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Expeditors working out logistics to open Jackson office next month
- Navy supercomputing power to grow