Choctaws anticipate increased profits from Pearl River Resort
Published: September 6,2011
CHOCTAW — Pending final approval by the Choctaw Tribal Council, Pearl River Resort and Casino’s new budget anticipates net profits will increase from a projected $83.3 million to $100.4 million next fiscal year.
The FY 2012 budget, which was just recently approved by the Pearl River Resort Board, will be presented to the full Tribal Council for adoption this week.
The more than 20 percent anticipated increase in earnings is due in large part to the new Bok Homa casino in Jones County, according to the Choctaws.
In a related item, the Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians has hired Alex Billy as the new manager for its Bok Homa Casino.
According to Harvey Billy has 12 years of experience in the tribe’s casino business.
Pearl River Resort, which also runs Silver Star and Golden Moon casinos near Philadelphia, announced earlier this week that it hired a new auditor to provide independent review of its business and finances.
Pearl River Resort has been under scrutiny in recent months, including an FBI raid in July. The tribe also is involved in an election dispute and Moody’s Investors Service downgraded the tribe’s bonds to junk bond status.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Choctaws anticipate increased profits from Pearl River Resort”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Payday lender expects clean bill from regulators