Choctaws anticipate increased profits from Pearl River Resort
by Associated Press
Published: September 6,2011
CHOCTAW — Pending final approval by the Choctaw Tribal Council, Pearl River Resort and Casino’s new budget anticipates net profits will increase from a projected $83.3 million to $100.4 million next fiscal year.
The FY 2012 budget, which was just recently approved by the Pearl River Resort Board, will be presented to the full Tribal Council for adoption this week.
The more than 20 percent anticipated increase in earnings is due in large part to the new Bok Homa casino in Jones County, according to the Choctaws.
In a related item, the Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians has hired Alex Billy as the new manager for its Bok Homa Casino.
According to Harvey Billy has 12 years of experience in the tribe’s casino business.
Pearl River Resort, which also runs Silver Star and Golden Moon casinos near Philadelphia, announced earlier this week that it hired a new auditor to provide independent review of its business and finances.
Pearl River Resort has been under scrutiny in recent months, including an FBI raid in July. The tribe also is involved in an election dispute and Moody’s Investors Service downgraded the tribe’s bonds to junk bond status.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Choctaws anticipate increased profits from Pearl River Resort”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip