LeTourneau assets sold for second time this year
Published: September 6,2011
VICKSBURG — Joy Global Inc. has agreed to sell the drilling products business of LeTourneau to Cameron International Corp. for $375 million in cash.
The deal includes the operation in Vicksburg. LeTourneau’s drilling products business makes oil rig components and equipment.
The Vicksburg Post reports Joy Global, a mining services company, will retain a LeTourneau facility in Longview, Texas.
In June, Joy Global closed on a $1.1-billion deal with Houston, Texas-based Rowan Companies for all of LeTourneau’s operations.
Cameron International of Houston, Texas, is a provider of flow equipment products, systems and services to oil, gas and process industries worldwide.
The pending sale follows the departure early last week of the $150-million Joe Douglas jackup oil drilling rig from LeTourneau’s fabrication yard in Vicksburg.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- County to ask if it can use unspent hurricane recovery money
- UM Chancellor Jones: Lymphoma treatment going well
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth