LeTourneau assets sold for second time this year
Published: September 6,2011
VICKSBURG — Joy Global Inc. has agreed to sell the drilling products business of LeTourneau to Cameron International Corp. for $375 million in cash.
The deal includes the operation in Vicksburg. LeTourneau’s drilling products business makes oil rig components and equipment.
The Vicksburg Post reports Joy Global, a mining services company, will retain a LeTourneau facility in Longview, Texas.
In June, Joy Global closed on a $1.1-billion deal with Houston, Texas-based Rowan Companies for all of LeTourneau’s operations.
Cameron International of Houston, Texas, is a provider of flow equipment products, systems and services to oil, gas and process industries worldwide.
The pending sale follows the departure early last week of the $150-million Joe Douglas jackup oil drilling rig from LeTourneau’s fabrication yard in Vicksburg.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant