LeTourneau assets sold for second time this year
Published: September 6,2011
VICKSBURG — Joy Global Inc. has agreed to sell the drilling products business of LeTourneau to Cameron International Corp. for $375 million in cash.
The deal includes the operation in Vicksburg. LeTourneau’s drilling products business makes oil rig components and equipment.
The Vicksburg Post reports Joy Global, a mining services company, will retain a LeTourneau facility in Longview, Texas.
In June, Joy Global closed on a $1.1-billion deal with Houston, Texas-based Rowan Companies for all of LeTourneau’s operations.
Cameron International of Houston, Texas, is a provider of flow equipment products, systems and services to oil, gas and process industries worldwide.
The pending sale follows the departure early last week of the $150-million Joe Douglas jackup oil drilling rig from LeTourneau’s fabrication yard in Vicksburg.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet