LeTourneau assets sold for second time this year
Published: September 6,2011
VICKSBURG — Joy Global Inc. has agreed to sell the drilling products business of LeTourneau to Cameron International Corp. for $375 million in cash.
The deal includes the operation in Vicksburg. LeTourneau’s drilling products business makes oil rig components and equipment.
The Vicksburg Post reports Joy Global, a mining services company, will retain a LeTourneau facility in Longview, Texas.
In June, Joy Global closed on a $1.1-billion deal with Houston, Texas-based Rowan Companies for all of LeTourneau’s operations.
Cameron International of Houston, Texas, is a provider of flow equipment products, systems and services to oil, gas and process industries worldwide.
The pending sale follows the departure early last week of the $150-million Joe Douglas jackup oil drilling rig from LeTourneau’s fabrication yard in Vicksburg.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast