LeTourneau assets sold for second time this year
by Associated Press
Published: September 6,2011
VICKSBURG — Joy Global Inc. has agreed to sell the drilling products business of LeTourneau to Cameron International Corp. for $375 million in cash.
The deal includes the operation in Vicksburg. LeTourneau’s drilling products business makes oil rig components and equipment.
The Vicksburg Post reports Joy Global, a mining services company, will retain a LeTourneau facility in Longview, Texas.
In June, Joy Global closed on a $1.1-billion deal with Houston, Texas-based Rowan Companies for all of LeTourneau’s operations.
Cameron International of Houston, Texas, is a provider of flow equipment products, systems and services to oil, gas and process industries worldwide.
The pending sale follows the departure early last week of the $150-million Joe Douglas jackup oil drilling rig from LeTourneau’s fabrication yard in Vicksburg.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- OUR VIEW: USM makes right call by calling off tornado relief campaign
- Forward-thinking power companies transform “disruptions” into opportunities