Ole Miss renovating former Walmart building
Published: September 6,2011
OXFORD — The University of Mississippi will spend $3.2 million to renovate space in the old Walmart building in Oxford.
The Oxford Eagle reports the makeover to the space that used to house Walmart in the Oxford Mall will begin in October.
Ole Miss officials say the public bid process will begin Sept. 9 and construction is scheduled to start by Oct. 31.
The project will include preparing about 40,000 square feet of the existing building for future office space.
About 7,600 square feet will be redeveloped to accommodate the university math lab and another 8,670 square feet will be renovated for university events that need a large open space.
Construction will last about 180 days and is expected to be completed by May 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- MDOT study: State's airports generate $2.5B-plus in economic activity