Ole Miss renovating former Walmart building
Published: September 6,2011
OXFORD — The University of Mississippi will spend $3.2 million to renovate space in the old Walmart building in Oxford.
The Oxford Eagle reports the makeover to the space that used to house Walmart in the Oxford Mall will begin in October.
Ole Miss officials say the public bid process will begin Sept. 9 and construction is scheduled to start by Oct. 31.
The project will include preparing about 40,000 square feet of the existing building for future office space.
About 7,600 square feet will be redeveloped to accommodate the university math lab and another 8,670 square feet will be renovated for university events that need a large open space.
Construction will last about 180 days and is expected to be completed by May 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Cannabis for the rest of us
- MARTY WISEMAN: The current racial strife and the failure to educate
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- BILL CRAWFORD: Boyce takes hot spot as IHL commissioner
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- Real Estate Forum panelists: Lenders, investors hungry for deals on residential rentals in Miss., elsewhere
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur