Ole Miss renovating former Walmart building
Published: September 6,2011
OXFORD — The University of Mississippi will spend $3.2 million to renovate space in the old Walmart building in Oxford.
The Oxford Eagle reports the makeover to the space that used to house Walmart in the Oxford Mall will begin in October.
Ole Miss officials say the public bid process will begin Sept. 9 and construction is scheduled to start by Oct. 31.
The project will include preparing about 40,000 square feet of the existing building for future office space.
About 7,600 square feet will be redeveloped to accommodate the university math lab and another 8,670 square feet will be renovated for university events that need a large open space.
Construction will last about 180 days and is expected to be completed by May 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- Man charged in noose left on integration statue at Ole Miss