Ole Miss renovating former Walmart building
Published: September 6,2011
OXFORD — The University of Mississippi will spend $3.2 million to renovate space in the old Walmart building in Oxford.
The Oxford Eagle reports the makeover to the space that used to house Walmart in the Oxford Mall will begin in October.
Ole Miss officials say the public bid process will begin Sept. 9 and construction is scheduled to start by Oct. 31.
The project will include preparing about 40,000 square feet of the existing building for future office space.
About 7,600 square feet will be redeveloped to accommodate the university math lab and another 8,670 square feet will be renovated for university events that need a large open space.
Construction will last about 180 days and is expected to be completed by May 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Former DMR manager pleads guilty to embezzlement
- State's jobless rate remains highest in U.S.
- GOLF ranks state's courses; Fallen Oaks, Dancing Rabbit make top 100
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Court ruling on Section 42 leaves taxpayers on hook for tax repayments
- Wisconsin man pleads guilty to illegal wildlife trapping
- Jackson air fares among most expensive in the nation