Ole Miss renovating former Walmart building
Published: September 6,2011
OXFORD — The University of Mississippi will spend $3.2 million to renovate space in the old Walmart building in Oxford.
The Oxford Eagle reports the makeover to the space that used to house Walmart in the Oxford Mall will begin in October.
Ole Miss officials say the public bid process will begin Sept. 9 and construction is scheduled to start by Oct. 31.
The project will include preparing about 40,000 square feet of the existing building for future office space.
About 7,600 square feet will be redeveloped to accommodate the university math lab and another 8,670 square feet will be renovated for university events that need a large open space.
Construction will last about 180 days and is expected to be completed by May 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Outside group files arguments supporting McDaniel
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- DAVID DALLAS: Mississippi's in'adequate' public schools
- MDEQ fines metalworking firm over hazardous waste
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- C Spire now offering new Blast Motion technology for athletes
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers