Entergy completes post-Lee restoration work
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 7,2011
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Entergy crews spent yesterday wrapping up restoration work after a nearly four-day-long battle to repair damage done by Tropical Storm Lee.
As of yesterday morning, Entergy crews had restored power to all of its customers whose homes and businesses can receive it.
The peak number of customers out at one time across Entergy’s four-state service territory was approximately 38,000, which occurred around 10 a.m. last Saturday.
“Tropical Storm Lee wasn’t as strong as some storms we have seen in recent years,” said Greg Grillo, Entergy’s storm incident commander, “but the continued severe work conditions created by strong winds and driving rain presented their own challenges. I am extremely proud of the safe work done by Entergy crews and contractors to restore power to our customers.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county