Entergy completes post-Lee restoration work
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 7,2011
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Entergy crews spent yesterday wrapping up restoration work after a nearly four-day-long battle to repair damage done by Tropical Storm Lee.
As of yesterday morning, Entergy crews had restored power to all of its customers whose homes and businesses can receive it.
The peak number of customers out at one time across Entergy’s four-state service territory was approximately 38,000, which occurred around 10 a.m. last Saturday.
“Tropical Storm Lee wasn’t as strong as some storms we have seen in recent years,” said Greg Grillo, Entergy’s storm incident commander, “but the continued severe work conditions created by strong winds and driving rain presented their own challenges. I am extremely proud of the safe work done by Entergy crews and contractors to restore power to our customers.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- Appeals panel rules against town in race discrimination case
- Entrepreneurs want ordinance change to add micro-brewery