Slyter named new CEO of Baptist Health Systems
JACKSON — Mark F. Slyter, FACHE, has been named CEO of Baptist Health Systems in Jackson, replacing Kurt W. Metzner, FACHE, who retired August 31.
Since 2009, Slyter has served as Baptist Health Systems COO and president for Baptist Medical Center. Before coming to Mississippi, he was the administrator of Baptist Medical Center Beaches (Baptist Health, Jacksonville, Fla.) and administrator of Hillcrest Hospital & Patewood Medical Campus (Greenville Hospital System, Greenville, S.C.).
Slyter holds a masters in health services administration and a bachelor of science in exercise science from The University of Kansas. He achieved Fellow status in the American College of Healthcare Executives and was awarded the ACHE Regent’s Award as South Carolina’s Early Career Healthcare Executive.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data