Slyter named new CEO of Baptist Health Systems
JACKSON — Mark F. Slyter, FACHE, has been named CEO of Baptist Health Systems in Jackson, replacing Kurt W. Metzner, FACHE, who retired August 31.
Since 2009, Slyter has served as Baptist Health Systems COO and president for Baptist Medical Center. Before coming to Mississippi, he was the administrator of Baptist Medical Center Beaches (Baptist Health, Jacksonville, Fla.) and administrator of Hillcrest Hospital & Patewood Medical Campus (Greenville Hospital System, Greenville, S.C.).
Slyter holds a masters in health services administration and a bachelor of science in exercise science from The University of Kansas. He achieved Fellow status in the American College of Healthcare Executives and was awarded the ACHE Regent’s Award as South Carolina’s Early Career Healthcare Executive.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- MSU receives funding for two proposals aimed at boosting NASA missions