Slyter named new CEO of Baptist Health Systems
JACKSON — Mark F. Slyter, FACHE, has been named CEO of Baptist Health Systems in Jackson, replacing Kurt W. Metzner, FACHE, who retired August 31.
Since 2009, Slyter has served as Baptist Health Systems COO and president for Baptist Medical Center. Before coming to Mississippi, he was the administrator of Baptist Medical Center Beaches (Baptist Health, Jacksonville, Fla.) and administrator of Hillcrest Hospital & Patewood Medical Campus (Greenville Hospital System, Greenville, S.C.).
Slyter holds a masters in health services administration and a bachelor of science in exercise science from The University of Kansas. He achieved Fellow status in the American College of Healthcare Executives and was awarded the ACHE Regent’s Award as South Carolina’s Early Career Healthcare Executive.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- The link between education and economic development