Slyter named new CEO of Baptist Health Systems
JACKSON — Mark F. Slyter, FACHE, has been named CEO of Baptist Health Systems in Jackson, replacing Kurt W. Metzner, FACHE, who retired August 31.
Since 2009, Slyter has served as Baptist Health Systems COO and president for Baptist Medical Center. Before coming to Mississippi, he was the administrator of Baptist Medical Center Beaches (Baptist Health, Jacksonville, Fla.) and administrator of Hillcrest Hospital & Patewood Medical Campus (Greenville Hospital System, Greenville, S.C.).
Slyter holds a masters in health services administration and a bachelor of science in exercise science from The University of Kansas. He achieved Fellow status in the American College of Healthcare Executives and was awarded the ACHE Regent’s Award as South Carolina’s Early Career Healthcare Executive.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal