City hears plans for return of American Queen
Published: September 8,2011
NATCHEZ — The City of Natchez will be receiving a royal visitor that may bring the crown jewel of economic opportunities for Natchez tourism.
The Natchez Democrat reports approximately 50 people attended a meeting yesterday at the Natchez Visitor Reception Center to hear Bob Buesing of Shore Excursions of America outline a plan to bring the American Queen steamboat back to Natchez and revive riverboat tourism in town.
Buesing says the difference between a typical boat cruise and an American Queen cruise is that the American Queen will enable its passengers to have time to complete a guided tour of the city and its attractions, as well as shop, eat and visit local venues on their own.
The American Queen will set sail on April 11 and make 15 stops to Natchez in 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- Man charged in noose left on integration statue at Ole Miss