City hears plans for return of American Queen
Published: September 8,2011
NATCHEZ — The City of Natchez will be receiving a royal visitor that may bring the crown jewel of economic opportunities for Natchez tourism.
The Natchez Democrat reports approximately 50 people attended a meeting yesterday at the Natchez Visitor Reception Center to hear Bob Buesing of Shore Excursions of America outline a plan to bring the American Queen steamboat back to Natchez and revive riverboat tourism in town.
Buesing says the difference between a typical boat cruise and an American Queen cruise is that the American Queen will enable its passengers to have time to complete a guided tour of the city and its attractions, as well as shop, eat and visit local venues on their own.
The American Queen will set sail on April 11 and make 15 stops to Natchez in 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter