City hears plans for return of American Queen
Published: September 8,2011
NATCHEZ — The City of Natchez will be receiving a royal visitor that may bring the crown jewel of economic opportunities for Natchez tourism.
The Natchez Democrat reports approximately 50 people attended a meeting yesterday at the Natchez Visitor Reception Center to hear Bob Buesing of Shore Excursions of America outline a plan to bring the American Queen steamboat back to Natchez and revive riverboat tourism in town.
Buesing says the difference between a typical boat cruise and an American Queen cruise is that the American Queen will enable its passengers to have time to complete a guided tour of the city and its attractions, as well as shop, eat and visit local venues on their own.
The American Queen will set sail on April 11 and make 15 stops to Natchez in 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders