SUSTA offering export assistance to small ag companies
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 8,2011
JACKSON — The Southern United States Trade Association (SUSTA) is now accepting applications for the 2012 Market Access Program (MAP) Branded.
The Branded program is designed to help small agricultural companies enter export markets with 50 percent reimbursement for promotional costs like advertising, exhibiting at trade shows and changes to packaging and labels.
To be eligible for the Branded program, companies must be considered small according to U.S. Small Business Administration standards, have yearly sales of at least $100,000 and promote a brand-name product that is at least 50 percent U.S. agricultural origin.
MAP Branded is funded by the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Foreign Agricultural Service and administered to southern U.S. companies by SUSTA.
Companies applying for MAP Branded funds can download the pre-qualification form on the SUSTA website at www.susta.org.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Mars Food to celebrate 35 years in Port City
- Council wants more info on proposed baseball stadium