SUSTA offering export assistance to small ag companies
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 8,2011
JACKSON — The Southern United States Trade Association (SUSTA) is now accepting applications for the 2012 Market Access Program (MAP) Branded.
The Branded program is designed to help small agricultural companies enter export markets with 50 percent reimbursement for promotional costs like advertising, exhibiting at trade shows and changes to packaging and labels.
To be eligible for the Branded program, companies must be considered small according to U.S. Small Business Administration standards, have yearly sales of at least $100,000 and promote a brand-name product that is at least 50 percent U.S. agricultural origin.
MAP Branded is funded by the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Foreign Agricultural Service and administered to southern U.S. companies by SUSTA.
Companies applying for MAP Branded funds can download the pre-qualification form on the SUSTA website at www.susta.org.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)