Anderson joins UMMC
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 11,2011
Dr. Chris Anderson, who specializes in adult and pediatric liver and kidney transplants, has joined the University of Mississippi Medical Center, and will see patients through University of Mississippi Health Care. Anderson, a Lucedale native who previously worked at Washington University in St. Louis, Mo., currently leads the kidney transplant program.
A summa cum laude graduate of the University of Southern Mississippi, Anderson earned the M.D. at Emory University in Atlanta. He completed residency training in general surgery at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, where he also completed a fellowship in hepatobiliary surgical research.
Anderson was a fellow in abdominal transplant surgery from 2006-2008 at Washington University. He served as a staff surgeon in Missouri at Barnes Jewish Hospital, Barnes Jewish West County Hospital and Saint Louis Children’s Hospital.
Anderson’s research interest is in fatty liver disease and how it impacts transplantation in donors and recipients.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87