Anderson joins UMMC
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 11,2011
Dr. Chris Anderson, who specializes in adult and pediatric liver and kidney transplants, has joined the University of Mississippi Medical Center, and will see patients through University of Mississippi Health Care. Anderson, a Lucedale native who previously worked at Washington University in St. Louis, Mo., currently leads the kidney transplant program.
A summa cum laude graduate of the University of Southern Mississippi, Anderson earned the M.D. at Emory University in Atlanta. He completed residency training in general surgery at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, where he also completed a fellowship in hepatobiliary surgical research.
Anderson was a fellow in abdominal transplant surgery from 2006-2008 at Washington University. He served as a staff surgeon in Missouri at Barnes Jewish Hospital, Barnes Jewish West County Hospital and Saint Louis Children’s Hospital.
Anderson’s research interest is in fatty liver disease and how it impacts transplantation in donors and recipients.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- CARTOON — Nobile illustrates Thad Cochran's most significant advantage over the competition
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Judge denies ex-mayor's motion to vacate Katrina-related conviction
- Wiseman retiring after nearly 30 years with Stennis Institute
- Real estate developer to plead guilty to wetlands violation
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees