Anderson joins UMMC
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 11,2011
Dr. Chris Anderson, who specializes in adult and pediatric liver and kidney transplants, has joined the University of Mississippi Medical Center, and will see patients through University of Mississippi Health Care. Anderson, a Lucedale native who previously worked at Washington University in St. Louis, Mo., currently leads the kidney transplant program.
A summa cum laude graduate of the University of Southern Mississippi, Anderson earned the M.D. at Emory University in Atlanta. He completed residency training in general surgery at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, where he also completed a fellowship in hepatobiliary surgical research.
Anderson was a fellow in abdominal transplant surgery from 2006-2008 at Washington University. He served as a staff surgeon in Missouri at Barnes Jewish Hospital, Barnes Jewish West County Hospital and Saint Louis Children’s Hospital.
Anderson’s research interest is in fatty liver disease and how it impacts transplantation in donors and recipients.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player