Caldwell appointed chief
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 11,2011
The Vicksburg District of the U. S. Army Corps of Engineers has named Ben S. Caldwell as chief of the Levee and Drainage Section, Engineering and Construction Division. He will be responsible for the overall management of design, documentation development and preparation of plans and specifications involving levee work. He will also oversee tributary drainage improvements on the Mississippi, Red and Arkansas rivers.
He previously served as technical manager for the New Orleans to Venice Hurricane Protection Project.
Caldwell earned a bachelor’s of science degree in civil engineering from Mississippi State University. He is a registered professional engineer in the State of Mississippi and a member of the Society of American Military Engineers.
A native of Jackson, he is married to the former Jill McCullen of Jackson, and they have two children. He is the son of Mrs. Sara Caldwell and the late Henry Caldwell of Charleston.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth
- County to ask if it can use unspent hurricane recovery money