Caldwell appointed chief
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 11,2011
The Vicksburg District of the U. S. Army Corps of Engineers has named Ben S. Caldwell as chief of the Levee and Drainage Section, Engineering and Construction Division. He will be responsible for the overall management of design, documentation development and preparation of plans and specifications involving levee work. He will also oversee tributary drainage improvements on the Mississippi, Red and Arkansas rivers.
He previously served as technical manager for the New Orleans to Venice Hurricane Protection Project.
Caldwell earned a bachelor’s of science degree in civil engineering from Mississippi State University. He is a registered professional engineer in the State of Mississippi and a member of the Society of American Military Engineers.
A native of Jackson, he is married to the former Jill McCullen of Jackson, and they have two children. He is the son of Mrs. Sara Caldwell and the late Henry Caldwell of Charleston.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- DREAMS AND OYSTERS — Houstons set for August opening of Saltine in Fondren