Caldwell appointed chief
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 11,2011
The Vicksburg District of the U. S. Army Corps of Engineers has named Ben S. Caldwell as chief of the Levee and Drainage Section, Engineering and Construction Division. He will be responsible for the overall management of design, documentation development and preparation of plans and specifications involving levee work. He will also oversee tributary drainage improvements on the Mississippi, Red and Arkansas rivers.
He previously served as technical manager for the New Orleans to Venice Hurricane Protection Project.
Caldwell earned a bachelor’s of science degree in civil engineering from Mississippi State University. He is a registered professional engineer in the State of Mississippi and a member of the Society of American Military Engineers.
A native of Jackson, he is married to the former Jill McCullen of Jackson, and they have two children. He is the son of Mrs. Sara Caldwell and the late Henry Caldwell of Charleston.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- Chancery judge delays JRA bond approval for Jackson's Westin hotel
- KILL BILL: Common Core death knell heads to Gov. Bryant's desk
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Keeping our eye on: Neal Stephens
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing