Caldwell appointed chief
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 11,2011
The Vicksburg District of the U. S. Army Corps of Engineers has named Ben S. Caldwell as chief of the Levee and Drainage Section, Engineering and Construction Division. He will be responsible for the overall management of design, documentation development and preparation of plans and specifications involving levee work. He will also oversee tributary drainage improvements on the Mississippi, Red and Arkansas rivers.
He previously served as technical manager for the New Orleans to Venice Hurricane Protection Project.
Caldwell earned a bachelor’s of science degree in civil engineering from Mississippi State University. He is a registered professional engineer in the State of Mississippi and a member of the Society of American Military Engineers.
A native of Jackson, he is married to the former Jill McCullen of Jackson, and they have two children. He is the son of Mrs. Sara Caldwell and the late Henry Caldwell of Charleston.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- 'Get on Up' movie opens in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet