Caldwell appointed chief
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 11,2011
The Vicksburg District of the U. S. Army Corps of Engineers has named Ben S. Caldwell as chief of the Levee and Drainage Section, Engineering and Construction Division. He will be responsible for the overall management of design, documentation development and preparation of plans and specifications involving levee work. He will also oversee tributary drainage improvements on the Mississippi, Red and Arkansas rivers.
He previously served as technical manager for the New Orleans to Venice Hurricane Protection Project.
Caldwell earned a bachelor’s of science degree in civil engineering from Mississippi State University. He is a registered professional engineer in the State of Mississippi and a member of the Society of American Military Engineers.
A native of Jackson, he is married to the former Jill McCullen of Jackson, and they have two children. He is the son of Mrs. Sara Caldwell and the late Henry Caldwell of Charleston.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal