Neel wins award
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 11,2011
W. Hibbett Neel Jr., president of Neel-Schaffer Inc., received the Burton W. Marsh Distinguished Service Award from the Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE). The award recognizes an individual who has contributed to the advancement of ITE in an outstanding fashion over a period of years.
In his 47 years as an ITE member, Neel has proven to be a staunch supporter of the Institute, serving with distinction at various levels and on dozens of committees and councils. He became an ITE member while studying for his master’s degree at the Georgia Institute of Technology and now has the distinction of being an ITE Fellow with Life Member Status.
Neel, an Army veteran and Eagle Scout, has authored numerous papers and articles including “Striving for Ethics in Transportation Engineering” and “Ethics and the Transportation Consultant.” Equally notable is Neel’s long list of community and professional service activities of which he has been duly recognized for his enthusiastic support and participation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma