Neel wins award
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 11,2011
W. Hibbett Neel Jr., president of Neel-Schaffer Inc., received the Burton W. Marsh Distinguished Service Award from the Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE). The award recognizes an individual who has contributed to the advancement of ITE in an outstanding fashion over a period of years.
In his 47 years as an ITE member, Neel has proven to be a staunch supporter of the Institute, serving with distinction at various levels and on dozens of committees and councils. He became an ITE member while studying for his master’s degree at the Georgia Institute of Technology and now has the distinction of being an ITE Fellow with Life Member Status.
Neel, an Army veteran and Eagle Scout, has authored numerous papers and articles including “Striving for Ethics in Transportation Engineering” and “Ethics and the Transportation Consultant.” Equally notable is Neel’s long list of community and professional service activities of which he has been duly recognized for his enthusiastic support and participation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager