Neel wins award
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 11,2011
W. Hibbett Neel Jr., president of Neel-Schaffer Inc., received the Burton W. Marsh Distinguished Service Award from the Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE). The award recognizes an individual who has contributed to the advancement of ITE in an outstanding fashion over a period of years.
In his 47 years as an ITE member, Neel has proven to be a staunch supporter of the Institute, serving with distinction at various levels and on dozens of committees and councils. He became an ITE member while studying for his master’s degree at the Georgia Institute of Technology and now has the distinction of being an ITE Fellow with Life Member Status.
Neel, an Army veteran and Eagle Scout, has authored numerous papers and articles including “Striving for Ethics in Transportation Engineering” and “Ethics and the Transportation Consultant.” Equally notable is Neel’s long list of community and professional service activities of which he has been duly recognized for his enthusiastic support and participation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Race to the pump: Feds appear ready to beat state on new gas taxes
- Senate transportation chair seeks emergency money for roads, bridges
- 3 dozen groups OK'd for Miss. specialty car tags