O’Keefe added to board
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 11,2011
Jeffrey H. O’Keefe, 55, has been elected to the board of directors of the Peoples Financial Corporation, parent of The Peoples Bank. O’Keefe is president and CEO of Bradford-O’Keefe Funeral Home in Biloxi. He has served on the board of directors of The Peoples Bank since 1986.
He replaces Lyle Page, who died in July after serving on the boards of The Peoples Bank and Peoples Financial Corporation for more than 30 years.
O’Keefe earned a bachelor of business administration degree from the University of Southern Mississippi in 1982. He served two terms on the USM Foundation board of directors and is a 2005 inductee to the USM Hall of Fame
He started his career at Bradford-O’Keefe Funeral Home in 1970 and was named president and CEO in 1983. He is a former director of the Mississippi State Board of Funeral Service and a member of a number of national funeral service organizations.
O’Keefe currently serves as a member of the board of directors of Biloxi Regional Medical Center. He is active in a number of Carnival associations and reigned as King D’Iberville in 1990. He served as chairman of the board of Gulf Coast Carnival Association from 2006-2010.
O’Keefe is a former chairman of Leadership Gulf Coast and a member of several area chambers of commerce. He is also an active member of the Walter Anderson and Ohr-O’Keefe Museums. He has been involved for many years with the Boy Scouts of America. He is a former president of the Pine Burr Council and received the Silver Beaver Award from the organization.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability