Rainey comes to CMMC
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 11,2011
Richard D. Rainey, M.D., orthopaedic surgeon, has been added to the active medical staff at Central Mississippi Medical Center. Rainey joins Daniel P. Dare, M.D. and Richard M. O’Keeffe, M.D. at Central Mississippi Bone + Joint Specialists.
Rainey’s practice encompasses all aspects of musculoskeletal care including joint pain, sports injuries, arthritis and fractures in patients of all ages.
Rainey earned his medical degree from Meharry Medical College in Nashville, Tenn., and completed his general surgery internship at Carraway Methodist Medical Center in Birmingham, Ala. This training was followed by an orthopaedic surgery residency at the University of Virginia, where he was recipient of the Mulholland Resident and Fellow Teaching Award and lastly completed a sports medicine fellowship at Campbell Clinic Orthopedics in Memphis.
The Tupelo native is a member of the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine and the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society.
While working in Memphis, Rainey provided sports medicine team coverage for the University of Memphis, Memphis Redbirds Triple A Baseball program and the Memphis Grizzlies NBA team.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Rainey comes to CMMC”
Top Posts & Pages
- Palmertree blocked from using public funds for legal defense
- Two companies fined for violations of 'No-Call' law
- Report: Mississippi only state to see drop in home prices
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- John Ferrucci'a perfect voice is perfect for the Silver Slipper Casino
- City suing Hercules for pollution at shuttered plant site
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Ex-Democrat Taylor cleared to run in primary as Republican
- Rankin chosen as new president of Alcorn State