Rainey comes to CMMC
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 11,2011
Richard D. Rainey, M.D., orthopaedic surgeon, has been added to the active medical staff at Central Mississippi Medical Center. Rainey joins Daniel P. Dare, M.D. and Richard M. O’Keeffe, M.D. at Central Mississippi Bone + Joint Specialists.
Rainey’s practice encompasses all aspects of musculoskeletal care including joint pain, sports injuries, arthritis and fractures in patients of all ages.
Rainey earned his medical degree from Meharry Medical College in Nashville, Tenn., and completed his general surgery internship at Carraway Methodist Medical Center in Birmingham, Ala. This training was followed by an orthopaedic surgery residency at the University of Virginia, where he was recipient of the Mulholland Resident and Fellow Teaching Award and lastly completed a sports medicine fellowship at Campbell Clinic Orthopedics in Memphis.
The Tupelo native is a member of the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine and the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society.
While working in Memphis, Rainey provided sports medicine team coverage for the University of Memphis, Memphis Redbirds Triple A Baseball program and the Memphis Grizzlies NBA team.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Rainey comes to CMMC”
Top Posts & Pages
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- College Board gives Keenum contract extension, raise
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that
- Apple ordered to pay $23.6M for using SkyTel technology
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three