Rainey comes to CMMC
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 11,2011
Richard D. Rainey, M.D., orthopaedic surgeon, has been added to the active medical staff at Central Mississippi Medical Center. Rainey joins Daniel P. Dare, M.D. and Richard M. O’Keeffe, M.D. at Central Mississippi Bone + Joint Specialists.
Rainey’s practice encompasses all aspects of musculoskeletal care including joint pain, sports injuries, arthritis and fractures in patients of all ages.
Rainey earned his medical degree from Meharry Medical College in Nashville, Tenn., and completed his general surgery internship at Carraway Methodist Medical Center in Birmingham, Ala. This training was followed by an orthopaedic surgery residency at the University of Virginia, where he was recipient of the Mulholland Resident and Fellow Teaching Award and lastly completed a sports medicine fellowship at Campbell Clinic Orthopedics in Memphis.
The Tupelo native is a member of the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine and the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society.
While working in Memphis, Rainey provided sports medicine team coverage for the University of Memphis, Memphis Redbirds Triple A Baseball program and the Memphis Grizzlies NBA team.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Rainey comes to CMMC”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding