Schools fail to spend millions from Ayers
Published: September 11,2011
Public record shows Mississippi’s three historically black universities in recent years have failed to spend all the funds awarded to them through the Ayers desegregation settlement. The College Board said its intent is that unused funds will carry over for future expenditures subject to legislative appropriation.
Per the settlement agreement, Ayers funds are set to be reduced in fiscal year 2013, which begins in July 2012. As a result funding for some university programs may require restructuring.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'