BorgWarner plans another expansion of plant
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 12,2011
WATER VALLEY — Officials from BorgWarner, a global powertrain supplier, is expanding operations at its facility in Water Valley to fulfill a contract with a U.S. automaker for a new generation of transmission control solenoids, which are known as mini direct-acting solenoids.
The expansion, which involves new equipment and the construction of a new clean room, is a multi-million-dollar company investment and will create 67 new jobs.
This expansion marks BorgWarner’s second within a year; in 2010, the company expanded its Water Valley operations to add the mini direct-acting solenoids to its production lineup. For that expansion, BorgWarner created 120 new jobs, bringing its workforce to more than 420 workers.
The Mississippi Development Authority worked with company and local officials to help facilitate the project. The agency provided assistance for the expansion through the Momentum Mississippi Incentives program to help with the construction of the new clean room. Yalobusha County also contributed funding to assist with the construction of the clean room.
Auburn Hills, Mich.-based BorgWarner Inc. has operating manufacturing and technical facilities in 59 locations in 19 countries. Customers include VW/Audi, Ford, Toyota, Renault/Nissan, General Motors, Hyundai/Kia, Daimler, Chrysler, Fiat, BMW, Honda, John Deere, PSA and MAN
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment