Judge rules with city in annexation dispute
Published: September 12,2011
BILOXI — The City of Biloxi’s fight to annex more area has cleared a hurdle.
The city wants to annex less than eight square miles of a 163-square mile Harrison County utility district.
The county argued that the law requires annexation of all 163 square miles. But a state judge has now ruled that such a law is unconstitutional.
Biloxi leaders praised the decision as protecting the city’s path of future growth.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Judge rules with city in annexation dispute”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- MSU receives funding for two proposals aimed at boosting NASA missions