Judge rules with city in annexation dispute
Published: September 12,2011
BILOXI — The City of Biloxi’s fight to annex more area has cleared a hurdle.
The city wants to annex less than eight square miles of a 163-square mile Harrison County utility district.
The county argued that the law requires annexation of all 163 square miles. But a state judge has now ruled that such a law is unconstitutional.
Biloxi leaders praised the decision as protecting the city’s path of future growth.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Judge rules with city in annexation dispute”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image