Hawthorn Pharmaceuticals cuts global deal with CoPlex
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 13,2011
MADISON — Hawthorn Pharmaceuticals Inc. has struck an exclusive global licensing deal with CoPlex Therapeutics on hawAD14, a preclinical oral small molecule candidate for the treatment of Alzheimer’s and other neurodegenerative diseases.
Under the terms of the agreement, Hawthorn will receive an exclusive worldwide license to develop and commercialize hawAD14 and will be responsible for funding all future development.
“In terms of the discovery’s uniqueness, it’s one of only few programs in the world demonstrating multiple protective effects against the predominant pathophysiologic pathways of Alzheimer’s disease,” said Rob Lewis, chief scientific officer at Hawthorn Pharmaceuticals.
“We are in the process of conducting the necessary preclinical studies in order to file an IND with the FDA,” said Max Draughn, Hawthorn Pharmaceuticals’ CEO.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom