Hawthorn Pharmaceuticals cuts global deal with CoPlex
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 13,2011
MADISON — Hawthorn Pharmaceuticals Inc. has struck an exclusive global licensing deal with CoPlex Therapeutics on hawAD14, a preclinical oral small molecule candidate for the treatment of Alzheimer’s and other neurodegenerative diseases.
Under the terms of the agreement, Hawthorn will receive an exclusive worldwide license to develop and commercialize hawAD14 and will be responsible for funding all future development.
“In terms of the discovery’s uniqueness, it’s one of only few programs in the world demonstrating multiple protective effects against the predominant pathophysiologic pathways of Alzheimer’s disease,” said Rob Lewis, chief scientific officer at Hawthorn Pharmaceuticals.
“We are in the process of conducting the necessary preclinical studies in order to file an IND with the FDA,” said Max Draughn, Hawthorn Pharmaceuticals’ CEO.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years