Hawthorn Pharmaceuticals cuts global deal with CoPlex
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 13,2011
MADISON — Hawthorn Pharmaceuticals Inc. has struck an exclusive global licensing deal with CoPlex Therapeutics on hawAD14, a preclinical oral small molecule candidate for the treatment of Alzheimer’s and other neurodegenerative diseases.
Under the terms of the agreement, Hawthorn will receive an exclusive worldwide license to develop and commercialize hawAD14 and will be responsible for funding all future development.
“In terms of the discovery’s uniqueness, it’s one of only few programs in the world demonstrating multiple protective effects against the predominant pathophysiologic pathways of Alzheimer’s disease,” said Rob Lewis, chief scientific officer at Hawthorn Pharmaceuticals.
“We are in the process of conducting the necessary preclinical studies in order to file an IND with the FDA,” said Max Draughn, Hawthorn Pharmaceuticals’ CEO.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November