Hawthorn Pharmaceuticals cuts global deal with CoPlex
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 13,2011
MADISON — Hawthorn Pharmaceuticals Inc. has struck an exclusive global licensing deal with CoPlex Therapeutics on hawAD14, a preclinical oral small molecule candidate for the treatment of Alzheimer’s and other neurodegenerative diseases.
Under the terms of the agreement, Hawthorn will receive an exclusive worldwide license to develop and commercialize hawAD14 and will be responsible for funding all future development.
“In terms of the discovery’s uniqueness, it’s one of only few programs in the world demonstrating multiple protective effects against the predominant pathophysiologic pathways of Alzheimer’s disease,” said Rob Lewis, chief scientific officer at Hawthorn Pharmaceuticals.
“We are in the process of conducting the necessary preclinical studies in order to file an IND with the FDA,” said Max Draughn, Hawthorn Pharmaceuticals’ CEO.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- MDA to lead delegation on mission to Europe
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center