First Toyota supplier to bring 100-plus jobs
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 14,2011
SHERMAN — KC Integrated Services, a full-service supply chain solutions provider, is locating a logistics service center in Sherman in Pontotoc County.
KC Integrated Services’ Sherman facility will service Toyota and Toyota’s Tier I suppliers, providing just-in-time delivery services to support Toyota’s production control system at its automotive manufacturing plant in Blue Springs.
In addition, the Sherman facility will provide warehousing and storage services to Toyota and its supply base, as well as a full-service truck maintenance operation.
The company’s operations will be housed in the 115,000-square-foot facility formerly occupied by EPI Plastics. The project represents a company investment of $5.1 million and will create 100 jobs over the next three years.
“KC Integrated Services is looking forward to this new opportunity with Toyota and the people of Mississippi,” said Ken Calender, CEO of KC Integrated Services. “We think there will be great growth potential within the Blue Springs area.”
The Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) worked with company and local officials to help facilitate the project. The agency provided loan assistance to the county for the acquisition of the facility in which KC Integrated Services will be located, as well as assistance for public infrastructure improvements. Pontotoc County provided funding for public infrastructure improvements, as well.
Headquartered in Carleton, Mich., KC Integrated Services was established in 1986. The company is one of the largest certified minority-owned logistics providers in North America and offers a wide range of logistics services, including transportation management, truckload services, finished vehicle transportation, equipment leasing and maintenance and IT solutions.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- News The Way You Want It!