First Toyota supplier to bring 100-plus jobs
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 14,2011
SHERMAN — KC Integrated Services, a full-service supply chain solutions provider, is locating a logistics service center in Sherman in Pontotoc County.
KC Integrated Services’ Sherman facility will service Toyota and Toyota’s Tier I suppliers, providing just-in-time delivery services to support Toyota’s production control system at its automotive manufacturing plant in Blue Springs.
In addition, the Sherman facility will provide warehousing and storage services to Toyota and its supply base, as well as a full-service truck maintenance operation.
The company’s operations will be housed in the 115,000-square-foot facility formerly occupied by EPI Plastics. The project represents a company investment of $5.1 million and will create 100 jobs over the next three years.
“KC Integrated Services is looking forward to this new opportunity with Toyota and the people of Mississippi,” said Ken Calender, CEO of KC Integrated Services. “We think there will be great growth potential within the Blue Springs area.”
The Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) worked with company and local officials to help facilitate the project. The agency provided loan assistance to the county for the acquisition of the facility in which KC Integrated Services will be located, as well as assistance for public infrastructure improvements. Pontotoc County provided funding for public infrastructure improvements, as well.
Headquartered in Carleton, Mich., KC Integrated Services was established in 1986. The company is one of the largest certified minority-owned logistics providers in North America and offers a wide range of logistics services, including transportation management, truckload services, finished vehicle transportation, equipment leasing and maintenance and IT solutions.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring