First Toyota supplier to bring 100-plus jobs
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 14,2011
SHERMAN — KC Integrated Services, a full-service supply chain solutions provider, is locating a logistics service center in Sherman in Pontotoc County.
KC Integrated Services’ Sherman facility will service Toyota and Toyota’s Tier I suppliers, providing just-in-time delivery services to support Toyota’s production control system at its automotive manufacturing plant in Blue Springs.
In addition, the Sherman facility will provide warehousing and storage services to Toyota and its supply base, as well as a full-service truck maintenance operation.
The company’s operations will be housed in the 115,000-square-foot facility formerly occupied by EPI Plastics. The project represents a company investment of $5.1 million and will create 100 jobs over the next three years.
“KC Integrated Services is looking forward to this new opportunity with Toyota and the people of Mississippi,” said Ken Calender, CEO of KC Integrated Services. “We think there will be great growth potential within the Blue Springs area.”
The Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) worked with company and local officials to help facilitate the project. The agency provided loan assistance to the county for the acquisition of the facility in which KC Integrated Services will be located, as well as assistance for public infrastructure improvements. Pontotoc County provided funding for public infrastructure improvements, as well.
Headquartered in Carleton, Mich., KC Integrated Services was established in 1986. The company is one of the largest certified minority-owned logistics providers in North America and offers a wide range of logistics services, including transportation management, truckload services, finished vehicle transportation, equipment leasing and maintenance and IT solutions.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015