Adams and Reese recognized for diversity
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 16,2011
JACKSON — The law firm of Adams and Reese has been named a recipient of the Corporate Counsel Women of Color Diversity Award of Excellence, an inaugural award given by the CCWC as a recognition of the firm’s initiatives, outstanding achievement in commitment to diversity and advancement of women attorneys of color.
The CCWC is an international organization of women of color attorneys who work primarily for Fortune 1000 and Forbes 2000 companies, and work to foster diversity in the legal profession.
Adams and Reese is one of four companies to receive the award, along with the law firm of Hughes Hubbard & Reed, and two corporations, Southern California Edison and American Airlines.
Award presentations will take place at the Beverly Hilton Hotel Oct. 6 during the luncheon at the CCWC’s 7th Annual Career Strategies Conference in Beverly Hills, Calif.
The CCWC Award measured actual diversity numbers at the firms and companies, career development and exposure, mentoring, affinity groups, recruitment efforts, diversity of outside counsel, and monitoring and tracking of billable hours.
“It is an honor to be considered a leader in our commitment to diversity and to be recognized by the Corporate Counsel Women of Color for this esteemed and prestigious award,” said Debbie Rouen, Adams and Reese partner and chair of the Diversity Committee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Nullification and interposition
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge