The First acquires eight Whitney branches
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 20,2011
HATTIESBURG — The First Bancshares Inc.’s subsidiary, The First, A National Banking Association, has acquired eight Whitney branches, seven on the Mississippi Gulf Coast and one in Bogalusa, La.
Terms were not disclosed.
The First now has 11 locations on the Coast from Pascagoula to Bay St. Louis and has expanded into neighboring Louisiana.
President and CEO Hoppy Cole, a Coast native, said, “The acquisition…will more than double our presence on the Mississippi Gulf Coast and open new markets to us in Louisiana.”
The First will now have a total of 18 locations from the Pine Belt to the Gulf Coast in Hattiesburg, Laurel, Purvis, Pascagoula, Bay St. Louis, Picayune, Gulfport, Biloxi, Diamondhead, Long Beach, Wiggins and Bogalusa, La.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “The First acquires eight Whitney branches”
Top Posts & Pages
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Production under way at Grammer AG in Tupelo
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs