The First acquires eight Whitney branches
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 20,2011
HATTIESBURG — The First Bancshares Inc.’s subsidiary, The First, A National Banking Association, has acquired eight Whitney branches, seven on the Mississippi Gulf Coast and one in Bogalusa, La.
Terms were not disclosed.
The First now has 11 locations on the Coast from Pascagoula to Bay St. Louis and has expanded into neighboring Louisiana.
President and CEO Hoppy Cole, a Coast native, said, “The acquisition…will more than double our presence on the Mississippi Gulf Coast and open new markets to us in Louisiana.”
The First will now have a total of 18 locations from the Pine Belt to the Gulf Coast in Hattiesburg, Laurel, Purvis, Pascagoula, Bay St. Louis, Picayune, Gulfport, Biloxi, Diamondhead, Long Beach, Wiggins and Bogalusa, La.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “The First acquires eight Whitney branches”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects