The First acquires eight Whitney branches
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 20,2011
HATTIESBURG — The First Bancshares Inc.’s subsidiary, The First, A National Banking Association, has acquired eight Whitney branches, seven on the Mississippi Gulf Coast and one in Bogalusa, La.
Terms were not disclosed.
The First now has 11 locations on the Coast from Pascagoula to Bay St. Louis and has expanded into neighboring Louisiana.
President and CEO Hoppy Cole, a Coast native, said, “The acquisition…will more than double our presence on the Mississippi Gulf Coast and open new markets to us in Louisiana.”
The First will now have a total of 18 locations from the Pine Belt to the Gulf Coast in Hattiesburg, Laurel, Purvis, Pascagoula, Bay St. Louis, Picayune, Gulfport, Biloxi, Diamondhead, Long Beach, Wiggins and Bogalusa, La.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “The First acquires eight Whitney branches”
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- Man charged in noose left on integration statue at Ole Miss