The First acquires eight Whitney branches
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 20,2011
HATTIESBURG — The First Bancshares Inc.’s subsidiary, The First, A National Banking Association, has acquired eight Whitney branches, seven on the Mississippi Gulf Coast and one in Bogalusa, La.
Terms were not disclosed.
The First now has 11 locations on the Coast from Pascagoula to Bay St. Louis and has expanded into neighboring Louisiana.
President and CEO Hoppy Cole, a Coast native, said, “The acquisition…will more than double our presence on the Mississippi Gulf Coast and open new markets to us in Louisiana.”
The First will now have a total of 18 locations from the Pine Belt to the Gulf Coast in Hattiesburg, Laurel, Purvis, Pascagoula, Bay St. Louis, Picayune, Gulfport, Biloxi, Diamondhead, Long Beach, Wiggins and Bogalusa, La.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “The First acquires eight Whitney branches”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- Madison's Christmas on Ice will not take place this year
- SPECIAL REPORT: Land may hold key to Jackson airport’s success
- Ex-judge disciplined, but not barred, by Supreme Court
- SPECIAL REPORT: A savvy pro is sought for Jackson airport's CEO
- Gunn: State's GOP needs to heal after Senate primary battle
- Bank welcomes Little
- USM Foundation sees second-highest fundraising total in history