Grenada Stamping plans another plant expansion
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 22,2011
GRENADA — Grenada Stamping and Assembly, supplier of parts to the appliance, automotive, HVAC/R and off-highway markets, is expanding its operations in Grenada to accommodate the rapid growth of its solar panel-related stamping business.
The project represents a company investment of $500,000 and will create 50 new jobs, according to the Mississippi Development Authority (MDA).
Since January 2010, Grenada Stamping and Assembly has created over 90 new jobs; this latest expansion brings the total number of workers at the Grenada Stamping complex to 231.
To help facilitate the expansion, MDA provided assistance through the Momentum Mississippi Incentives program for upgrades to a county-owned building occupied by Grenada Stamping and Assembly. Grenada County provided assistance for upgrades to the building, as well.
“Grenada County’s business climate and the availability of a qualified workforce help our business create added value that is passed on to our customers. It is that value that has accelerated our growth in the past year and the reason we are able to create 50 new jobs in the community,” said Gary Houston, Grenada Stamping and Assembly general manager.
A subsidiary of Ice Industries, which is headquartered in Sylvania, Ohio, Grenada Stamping and Assembly has a broad menu of capabilities, including the ability to blank, form, weld and assemble a variety of materials of various strengths and thicknesses. In addition to being a supplier to Electrolux in Canada, the company provides parts to Ford Motor Company in Argentina, First Solar Panels in Canada, Copeland in Northern Ireland, Belgium, Thailand and China and Toyota Boshoku in Indiana. The compan’’s Grenada operations are housed in a 300,000-square-foot main plant and a recently renovated 40,000-square-foot facility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015