Grenada Stamping plans another plant expansion
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 22,2011
GRENADA — Grenada Stamping and Assembly, supplier of parts to the appliance, automotive, HVAC/R and off-highway markets, is expanding its operations in Grenada to accommodate the rapid growth of its solar panel-related stamping business.
The project represents a company investment of $500,000 and will create 50 new jobs, according to the Mississippi Development Authority (MDA).
Since January 2010, Grenada Stamping and Assembly has created over 90 new jobs; this latest expansion brings the total number of workers at the Grenada Stamping complex to 231.
To help facilitate the expansion, MDA provided assistance through the Momentum Mississippi Incentives program for upgrades to a county-owned building occupied by Grenada Stamping and Assembly. Grenada County provided assistance for upgrades to the building, as well.
“Grenada County’s business climate and the availability of a qualified workforce help our business create added value that is passed on to our customers. It is that value that has accelerated our growth in the past year and the reason we are able to create 50 new jobs in the community,” said Gary Houston, Grenada Stamping and Assembly general manager.
A subsidiary of Ice Industries, which is headquartered in Sylvania, Ohio, Grenada Stamping and Assembly has a broad menu of capabilities, including the ability to blank, form, weld and assemble a variety of materials of various strengths and thicknesses. In addition to being a supplier to Electrolux in Canada, the company provides parts to Ford Motor Company in Argentina, First Solar Panels in Canada, Copeland in Northern Ireland, Belgium, Thailand and China and Toyota Boshoku in Indiana. The compan’’s Grenada operations are housed in a 300,000-square-foot main plant and a recently renovated 40,000-square-foot facility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- News The Way You Want It!