Work to begin on The Esplanade wellness complex
Published: September 22,2011
MADISON — Work will begin in October on athletic fields and a sports training facility, the first phase of The Esplanade, a multi-million-dollar health and wellness complex on 110 acres owned by St. Dominic Hospital in Madison County.
Lester Diamond, executive vice president for operations for St. Dominic, tells The Clarion-Ledger the public-private partnership is designed to provide the City of Madison with community fields for baseball and soccer that can bring in tournaments to serve as an “economic engine” while the overall facility will offer health and wellness education.
On Tuesday, Madison officials approved plans for the first phase — a performance sports training facility and three community ball fields.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal