Work to begin on The Esplanade wellness complex
Published: September 22,2011
MADISON — Work will begin in October on athletic fields and a sports training facility, the first phase of The Esplanade, a multi-million-dollar health and wellness complex on 110 acres owned by St. Dominic Hospital in Madison County.
Lester Diamond, executive vice president for operations for St. Dominic, tells The Clarion-Ledger the public-private partnership is designed to provide the City of Madison with community fields for baseball and soccer that can bring in tournaments to serve as an “economic engine” while the overall facility will offer health and wellness education.
On Tuesday, Madison officials approved plans for the first phase — a performance sports training facility and three community ball fields.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- DREAMS AND OYSTERS — Houstons set for August opening of Saltine in Fondren