Work to begin on The Esplanade wellness complex
Published: September 22,2011
MADISON — Work will begin in October on athletic fields and a sports training facility, the first phase of The Esplanade, a multi-million-dollar health and wellness complex on 110 acres owned by St. Dominic Hospital in Madison County.
Lester Diamond, executive vice president for operations for St. Dominic, tells The Clarion-Ledger the public-private partnership is designed to provide the City of Madison with community fields for baseball and soccer that can bring in tournaments to serve as an “economic engine” while the overall facility will offer health and wellness education.
On Tuesday, Madison officials approved plans for the first phase — a performance sports training facility and three community ball fields.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Starkville's Cotton Mill Marketplace hotel breaks ground Wednesday
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- BILL CRAWFORD: Keep schools free from preventable diseases