Work to begin on The Esplanade wellness complex
by Associated Press
Published: September 22,2011
MADISON — Work will begin in October on athletic fields and a sports training facility, the first phase of The Esplanade, a multi-million-dollar health and wellness complex on 110 acres owned by St. Dominic Hospital in Madison County.
Lester Diamond, executive vice president for operations for St. Dominic, tells The Clarion-Ledger the public-private partnership is designed to provide the City of Madison with community fields for baseball and soccer that can bring in tournaments to serve as an “economic engine” while the overall facility will offer health and wellness education.
On Tuesday, Madison officials approved plans for the first phase — a performance sports training facility and three community ball fields.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability