Work to begin on The Esplanade wellness complex
Published: September 22,2011
MADISON — Work will begin in October on athletic fields and a sports training facility, the first phase of The Esplanade, a multi-million-dollar health and wellness complex on 110 acres owned by St. Dominic Hospital in Madison County.
Lester Diamond, executive vice president for operations for St. Dominic, tells The Clarion-Ledger the public-private partnership is designed to provide the City of Madison with community fields for baseball and soccer that can bring in tournaments to serve as an “economic engine” while the overall facility will offer health and wellness education.
On Tuesday, Madison officials approved plans for the first phase — a performance sports training facility and three community ball fields.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate