Challenges await new Jackson Convention Center manager
by Ted Carter
Published: September 25,2011
After two decades in managing arenas and convention centers, Kelvin Moore next month will step into perhaps his biggest challenge yet — making the Jackson Convention Complex the designation of choice for Mississippi trade and professional organizations that have long flocked to Florida for their annual gatherings.
It’s not just the Florida sun and surf Moore is up against.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues