Reeth replacing Potok
BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina has appointed George P. Reeth as president of Companion Property & Casualty Insurance Group, one of the larger subsidiaries in BlueCross’ group of companies. AmFed Companies of Ridgeland is one of the many subsidiaries under the Companion umbrella of companies.
Reeth has more than 30 years’ experience in the insurance and reinsurance industry, most recently as a founder in 2005 of Validus Holdings, Ltd.. He served as president and deputy chairman of the board of directors.
He was a senior executive with Willis Group, Ltd., in 1992-2005 and was appointed to its board in 2004. He was chairman and CEO of North American Reinsurance Operations for Willis Re Inc. in 2000-2005.
Other leadership positions Reeth has held include executive vice president at Wilcox Inc. and senior vice president of EW Payne North America.
Reeth replaces Charles M. “Charley” Potok, who helped create Companion Property & Casualty Insurance Group and oversaw its growth for 27 years until he retired this year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again