Reeth replacing Potok
BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina has appointed George P. Reeth as president of Companion Property & Casualty Insurance Group, one of the larger subsidiaries in BlueCross’ group of companies. AmFed Companies of Ridgeland is one of the many subsidiaries under the Companion umbrella of companies.
Reeth has more than 30 years’ experience in the insurance and reinsurance industry, most recently as a founder in 2005 of Validus Holdings, Ltd.. He served as president and deputy chairman of the board of directors.
He was a senior executive with Willis Group, Ltd., in 1992-2005 and was appointed to its board in 2004. He was chairman and CEO of North American Reinsurance Operations for Willis Re Inc. in 2000-2005.
Other leadership positions Reeth has held include executive vice president at Wilcox Inc. and senior vice president of EW Payne North America.
Reeth replaces Charles M. “Charley” Potok, who helped create Companion Property & Casualty Insurance Group and oversaw its growth for 27 years until he retired this year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Outside group files arguments supporting McDaniel
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- DAVID DALLAS: Mississippi's in'adequate' public schools
- MDEQ fines metalworking firm over hazardous waste
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- C Spire now offering new Blast Motion technology for athletes
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation