Reeth replacing Potok
BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina has appointed George P. Reeth as president of Companion Property & Casualty Insurance Group, one of the larger subsidiaries in BlueCross’ group of companies. AmFed Companies of Ridgeland is one of the many subsidiaries under the Companion umbrella of companies.
Reeth has more than 30 years’ experience in the insurance and reinsurance industry, most recently as a founder in 2005 of Validus Holdings, Ltd.. He served as president and deputy chairman of the board of directors.
He was a senior executive with Willis Group, Ltd., in 1992-2005 and was appointed to its board in 2004. He was chairman and CEO of North American Reinsurance Operations for Willis Re Inc. in 2000-2005.
Other leadership positions Reeth has held include executive vice president at Wilcox Inc. and senior vice president of EW Payne North America.
Reeth replaces Charles M. “Charley” Potok, who helped create Companion Property & Casualty Insurance Group and oversaw its growth for 27 years until he retired this year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Study says Nissan subsidies total $1.33B; MDA says overestimated
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Renee Flynt made Craftsmen's Guild president
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Defunct casino to be moved; cost could rise depending on 'crud'
- Nullification and interposition
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections