Reeth replacing Potok
BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina has appointed George P. Reeth as president of Companion Property & Casualty Insurance Group, one of the larger subsidiaries in BlueCross’ group of companies. AmFed Companies of Ridgeland is one of the many subsidiaries under the Companion umbrella of companies.
Reeth has more than 30 years’ experience in the insurance and reinsurance industry, most recently as a founder in 2005 of Validus Holdings, Ltd.. He served as president and deputy chairman of the board of directors.
He was a senior executive with Willis Group, Ltd., in 1992-2005 and was appointed to its board in 2004. He was chairman and CEO of North American Reinsurance Operations for Willis Re Inc. in 2000-2005.
Other leadership positions Reeth has held include executive vice president at Wilcox Inc. and senior vice president of EW Payne North America.
Reeth replaces Charles M. “Charley” Potok, who helped create Companion Property & Casualty Insurance Group and oversaw its growth for 27 years until he retired this year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics