Reeth replacing Potok
BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina has appointed George P. Reeth as president of Companion Property & Casualty Insurance Group, one of the larger subsidiaries in BlueCross’ group of companies. AmFed Companies of Ridgeland is one of the many subsidiaries under the Companion umbrella of companies.
Reeth has more than 30 years’ experience in the insurance and reinsurance industry, most recently as a founder in 2005 of Validus Holdings, Ltd.. He served as president and deputy chairman of the board of directors.
He was a senior executive with Willis Group, Ltd., in 1992-2005 and was appointed to its board in 2004. He was chairman and CEO of North American Reinsurance Operations for Willis Re Inc. in 2000-2005.
Other leadership positions Reeth has held include executive vice president at Wilcox Inc. and senior vice president of EW Payne North America.
Reeth replaces Charles M. “Charley” Potok, who helped create Companion Property & Casualty Insurance Group and oversaw its growth for 27 years until he retired this year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87