Entergy Mississippi customers to see smaller bills
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 26,2011
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Customers of Entergy Mississippi Inc. will see a third consecutive decrease in their electric rates from October through December 2011.
The company recently submitted its routine quarterly fuel adjustment to the staff of the Mississippi Public Service Commission, which approved the filing.
The typical residential customer using 1,000 kilowatt hours per month will pay approximately $88.40, or $1.27 less, beginning October 1.
The decrease is due primarily to continued low natural gas prices and hedging gains in the previous quarter.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun