Instead of consolidating, Furniture Transport closing
Published: September 26,2011
PONTOTOC — Furniture Transport Group is shutting down operations in Pontotoc.
The Mississippi Department of Employment Security says it has received notice that FTG is closing Nov. 30. According to the notice, 56 employees will be affected by the move.
The High Point, N.C.-based company is a transporter of home furnishings.
Just a few weeks ago, the company said it was consolidating its Houston and Pontotoc operations as part of a restructuring. The move to a 68,000-square-foot terminal in Pontotoc gave an additional 28,000 square feet and made warehousing available.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- DAVID WILLIAMS: Smart traffic signals pave way for better driving in connected world
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?