Instead of consolidating, Furniture Transport closing
Published: September 26,2011
PONTOTOC — Furniture Transport Group is shutting down operations in Pontotoc.
The Mississippi Department of Employment Security says it has received notice that FTG is closing Nov. 30. According to the notice, 56 employees will be affected by the move.
The High Point, N.C.-based company is a transporter of home furnishings.
Just a few weeks ago, the company said it was consolidating its Houston and Pontotoc operations as part of a restructuring. The move to a 68,000-square-foot terminal in Pontotoc gave an additional 28,000 square feet and made warehousing available.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- Events and Nominations