Instead of consolidating, Furniture Transport closing
Published: September 26,2011
PONTOTOC — Furniture Transport Group is shutting down operations in Pontotoc.
The Mississippi Department of Employment Security says it has received notice that FTG is closing Nov. 30. According to the notice, 56 employees will be affected by the move.
The High Point, N.C.-based company is a transporter of home furnishings.
Just a few weeks ago, the company said it was consolidating its Houston and Pontotoc operations as part of a restructuring. The move to a 68,000-square-foot terminal in Pontotoc gave an additional 28,000 square feet and made warehousing available.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager