Instead of consolidating, Furniture Transport closing
by Associated Press
Published: September 26,2011
PONTOTOC — Furniture Transport Group is shutting down operations in Pontotoc.
The Mississippi Department of Employment Security says it has received notice that FTG is closing Nov. 30. According to the notice, 56 employees will be affected by the move.
The High Point, N.C.-based company is a transporter of home furnishings.
Just a few weeks ago, the company said it was consolidating its Houston and Pontotoc operations as part of a restructuring. The move to a 68,000-square-foot terminal in Pontotoc gave an additional 28,000 square feet and made warehousing available.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects