Instead of consolidating, Furniture Transport closing
Published: September 26,2011
PONTOTOC — Furniture Transport Group is shutting down operations in Pontotoc.
The Mississippi Department of Employment Security says it has received notice that FTG is closing Nov. 30. According to the notice, 56 employees will be affected by the move.
The High Point, N.C.-based company is a transporter of home furnishings.
Just a few weeks ago, the company said it was consolidating its Houston and Pontotoc operations as part of a restructuring. The move to a 68,000-square-foot terminal in Pontotoc gave an additional 28,000 square feet and made warehousing available.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending