St. Dominic supporting city’s annexation bid
Published: September 26,2011
MADISON — St. Dominic Hospital is working with Madison officials on the possible annexation of 400 acres the hospital owns just north of the city and east of Interstate 55.
The Madison County Journal reports city officials have approved the first phase of St. Dominic’s plan to build a new sports complex on the land.
St. Dominic is still pushing for a $121-million hospital on the land, but the plan was rejected by the state late last year. They have appealed that ruling to the Mississippi Supreme Court.
Madison board members approved the site plan for the sports complex — known as The Esplanade — contingent on St. Dominic cooperation with the annexation.
St. Dominic attorney Ed Brunini says the hospital supported the annexation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending