St. Dominic supporting city’s annexation bid
Published: September 26,2011
MADISON — St. Dominic Hospital is working with Madison officials on the possible annexation of 400 acres the hospital owns just north of the city and east of Interstate 55.
The Madison County Journal reports city officials have approved the first phase of St. Dominic’s plan to build a new sports complex on the land.
St. Dominic is still pushing for a $121-million hospital on the land, but the plan was rejected by the state late last year. They have appealed that ruling to the Mississippi Supreme Court.
Madison board members approved the site plan for the sports complex — known as The Esplanade — contingent on St. Dominic cooperation with the annexation.
St. Dominic attorney Ed Brunini says the hospital supported the annexation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap