St. Dominic supporting city’s annexation bid
Published: September 26,2011
MADISON — St. Dominic Hospital is working with Madison officials on the possible annexation of 400 acres the hospital owns just north of the city and east of Interstate 55.
The Madison County Journal reports city officials have approved the first phase of St. Dominic’s plan to build a new sports complex on the land.
St. Dominic is still pushing for a $121-million hospital on the land, but the plan was rejected by the state late last year. They have appealed that ruling to the Mississippi Supreme Court.
Madison board members approved the site plan for the sports complex — known as The Esplanade — contingent on St. Dominic cooperation with the annexation.
St. Dominic attorney Ed Brunini says the hospital supported the annexation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Cochran continues to question EPA over new regulations
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19