St. Dominic supporting city’s annexation bid
by Associated Press
Published: September 26,2011
MADISON — St. Dominic Hospital is working with Madison officials on the possible annexation of 400 acres the hospital owns just north of the city and east of Interstate 55.
The Madison County Journal reports city officials have approved the first phase of St. Dominic’s plan to build a new sports complex on the land.
St. Dominic is still pushing for a $121-million hospital on the land, but the plan was rejected by the state late last year. They have appealed that ruling to the Mississippi Supreme Court.
Madison board members approved the site plan for the sports complex — known as The Esplanade — contingent on St. Dominic cooperation with the annexation.
St. Dominic attorney Ed Brunini says the hospital supported the annexation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability