St. Dominic supporting city’s annexation bid
by Associated Press
Published: September 26,2011
MADISON — St. Dominic Hospital is working with Madison officials on the possible annexation of 400 acres the hospital owns just north of the city and east of Interstate 55.
The Madison County Journal reports city officials have approved the first phase of St. Dominic’s plan to build a new sports complex on the land.
St. Dominic is still pushing for a $121-million hospital on the land, but the plan was rejected by the state late last year. They have appealed that ruling to the Mississippi Supreme Court.
Madison board members approved the site plan for the sports complex — known as The Esplanade — contingent on St. Dominic cooperation with the annexation.
St. Dominic attorney Ed Brunini says the hospital supported the annexation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Hosemann revels in victory over Court's redistricting ruling
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Nullification and interposition
- Airport's food irradiation business could create new jobs
- In wake of bond issue failure, golf course fights to stay playable
- Ag officials say late planting reaching historical proportions