MDOT opens new Highway 30 bypass
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 27,2011
PRENTISS COUNTY — The newly constructed Highway 30 bypass route in Prentiss County is now open.
The project provides an eight-mile southern bypass of the City of Booneville. It begins at a new interchange on U.S. 45 south of Booneville and continues east on a new location to the connection of existing Highway 30 east of the intersection of Highway 30 and Highway 364.
The new roadway consists of a four-lane section between U.S. 45 and Highway 145 and a two-lane section from Highway 145 to the connection of existing Highway 30. The access for the road is Type 1, limited access, from U.S. 45 to Highway 145 and a Type 2B access through the remaining project, where access is permitted at crossovers and at-grade crossings of county roads. There are interchanges at U.S. 45, Highway 145 and Highway 4.
The intersection of Highway 364 and remaining county road crossings are at-grade crossings.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip