MDOT opens new Highway 30 bypass
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 27,2011
PRENTISS COUNTY — The newly constructed Highway 30 bypass route in Prentiss County is now open.
The project provides an eight-mile southern bypass of the City of Booneville. It begins at a new interchange on U.S. 45 south of Booneville and continues east on a new location to the connection of existing Highway 30 east of the intersection of Highway 30 and Highway 364.
The new roadway consists of a four-lane section between U.S. 45 and Highway 145 and a two-lane section from Highway 145 to the connection of existing Highway 30. The access for the road is Type 1, limited access, from U.S. 45 to Highway 145 and a Type 2B access through the remaining project, where access is permitted at crossovers and at-grade crossings of county roads. There are interchanges at U.S. 45, Highway 145 and Highway 4.
The intersection of Highway 364 and remaining county road crossings are at-grade crossings.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute