MDOT opens new Highway 30 bypass
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 27,2011
PRENTISS COUNTY — The newly constructed Highway 30 bypass route in Prentiss County is now open.
The project provides an eight-mile southern bypass of the City of Booneville. It begins at a new interchange on U.S. 45 south of Booneville and continues east on a new location to the connection of existing Highway 30 east of the intersection of Highway 30 and Highway 364.
The new roadway consists of a four-lane section between U.S. 45 and Highway 145 and a two-lane section from Highway 145 to the connection of existing Highway 30. The access for the road is Type 1, limited access, from U.S. 45 to Highway 145 and a Type 2B access through the remaining project, where access is permitted at crossovers and at-grade crossings of county roads. There are interchanges at U.S. 45, Highway 145 and Highway 4.
The intersection of Highway 364 and remaining county road crossings are at-grade crossings.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- Southern Bancorp to acquire Bank of Bolivar County
- Community Bank names new officers
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams