MDOT opens new Highway 30 bypass
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 27,2011
PRENTISS COUNTY — The newly constructed Highway 30 bypass route in Prentiss County is now open.
The project provides an eight-mile southern bypass of the City of Booneville. It begins at a new interchange on U.S. 45 south of Booneville and continues east on a new location to the connection of existing Highway 30 east of the intersection of Highway 30 and Highway 364.
The new roadway consists of a four-lane section between U.S. 45 and Highway 145 and a two-lane section from Highway 145 to the connection of existing Highway 30. The access for the road is Type 1, limited access, from U.S. 45 to Highway 145 and a Type 2B access through the remaining project, where access is permitted at crossovers and at-grade crossings of county roads. There are interchanges at U.S. 45, Highway 145 and Highway 4.
The intersection of Highway 364 and remaining county road crossings are at-grade crossings.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62