MDOT opens new Highway 30 bypass
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 27,2011
PRENTISS COUNTY — The newly constructed Highway 30 bypass route in Prentiss County is now open.
The project provides an eight-mile southern bypass of the City of Booneville. It begins at a new interchange on U.S. 45 south of Booneville and continues east on a new location to the connection of existing Highway 30 east of the intersection of Highway 30 and Highway 364.
The new roadway consists of a four-lane section between U.S. 45 and Highway 145 and a two-lane section from Highway 145 to the connection of existing Highway 30. The access for the road is Type 1, limited access, from U.S. 45 to Highway 145 and a Type 2B access through the remaining project, where access is permitted at crossovers and at-grade crossings of county roads. There are interchanges at U.S. 45, Highway 145 and Highway 4.
The intersection of Highway 364 and remaining county road crossings are at-grade crossings.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- DAVID DALLAS — Delbert Hosemann: An unsung hero chooses to remain so