Six more cases of West Nile virus identified
Published: September 27,2011
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Six newly reported cases of West Nile virus bring the total in Mississippi this year to 39.
Yesterday, the state Department of Health reported one in a previously reported West Nile virus case in Jasper County.
The six new cases were in Hinds, Madison, Rankin (3) and Washington counties.
So far this year, cases have been confirmed in Forrest (4), Hinds (6), Jones (4), Madison (6), Pearl River (6), Rankin (5), Washington (2) and one case each in Coahoma, Jasper, Lincoln, Tallahatchie, Tate and Wayne counties. Three deaths have been confirmed, in Jasper, Jones and Pearl River counties.
In 2010, Mississippi had eight WNV cases and no deaths.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- Man charged in noose left on integration statue at Ole Miss