Board receives nominees for new president at MUW
Published: September 28,2011
COLUMBUS — The state College Board has received recommendations from an advisory committee on applicants for president of Mississippi University for Women.
Now the five-member presidential search committee and the College Board to whittle the number down to five candidates.
College Board officials have said the first round of interviews will take place in Jackson Oct. 19-21 to coincide with the board’s monthly meeting. After a second round of interviews, the board will select a preferred candidate, who will tour the Columbus campus and talk with faculty, students and local groups.
The College Board hopes to name a new president by the start of 2012.
The position has been filled by interim president Allegra Brigham since May following the retirement of Claudia Limbert. Limbert had been president since April 2002.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Airport gets grant to support seasonal service from Sun Country
- State officials identify first flu case this season
- STAYING POSITIVE — Career attitude help Brynn Joachim to fight disease at 41