Board receives nominees for new president at MUW
Published: September 28,2011
COLUMBUS — The state College Board has received recommendations from an advisory committee on applicants for president of Mississippi University for Women.
Now the five-member presidential search committee and the College Board to whittle the number down to five candidates.
College Board officials have said the first round of interviews will take place in Jackson Oct. 19-21 to coincide with the board’s monthly meeting. After a second round of interviews, the board will select a preferred candidate, who will tour the Columbus campus and talk with faculty, students and local groups.
The College Board hopes to name a new president by the start of 2012.
The position has been filled by interim president Allegra Brigham since May following the retirement of Claudia Limbert. Limbert had been president since April 2002.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Cochran continues to question EPA over new regulations
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19