Board receives nominees for new president at MUW
Published: September 28,2011
COLUMBUS — The state College Board has received recommendations from an advisory committee on applicants for president of Mississippi University for Women.
Now the five-member presidential search committee and the College Board to whittle the number down to five candidates.
College Board officials have said the first round of interviews will take place in Jackson Oct. 19-21 to coincide with the board’s monthly meeting. After a second round of interviews, the board will select a preferred candidate, who will tour the Columbus campus and talk with faculty, students and local groups.
The College Board hopes to name a new president by the start of 2012.
The position has been filled by interim president Allegra Brigham since May following the retirement of Claudia Limbert. Limbert had been president since April 2002.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- MARK BLACKWELL: Cyber security insurance perhaps?