Board receives nominees for new president at MUW
by Associated Press
Published: September 28,2011
COLUMBUS — The state College Board has received recommendations from an advisory committee on applicants for president of Mississippi University for Women.
Now the five-member presidential search committee and the College Board to whittle the number down to five candidates.
College Board officials have said the first round of interviews will take place in Jackson Oct. 19-21 to coincide with the board’s monthly meeting. After a second round of interviews, the board will select a preferred candidate, who will tour the Columbus campus and talk with faculty, students and local groups.
The College Board hopes to name a new president by the start of 2012.
The position has been filled by interim president Allegra Brigham since May following the retirement of Claudia Limbert. Limbert had been president since April 2002.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge
- Real estate company paying $1M for compromising wetlands
- Nullification and interposition
- Authorities: Suspect in ricin-laced letters case appeared to try to run
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections