Board receives nominees for new president at MUW
Published: September 28,2011
COLUMBUS — The state College Board has received recommendations from an advisory committee on applicants for president of Mississippi University for Women.
Now the five-member presidential search committee and the College Board to whittle the number down to five candidates.
College Board officials have said the first round of interviews will take place in Jackson Oct. 19-21 to coincide with the board’s monthly meeting. After a second round of interviews, the board will select a preferred candidate, who will tour the Columbus campus and talk with faculty, students and local groups.
The College Board hopes to name a new president by the start of 2012.
The position has been filled by interim president Allegra Brigham since May following the retirement of Claudia Limbert. Limbert had been president since April 2002.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Firm adds Brian T. Alexander
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast