Newly formed MS BIO joins national association
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 29,2011
RIDGELAND — The newly formed Mississippi Biotechnology Association (MS Bio) has joined the Council of State Bioscience Associations (CSBA), an autonomous group of state affiliates operating within BIO.
Pete Pellerito, interim vice president of state government relations and alliance development at Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO). “The CSBA is integral to BIO’s advocacy efforts, as we work to improve understanding of the bioscience industry and promote an environment that furthers economic development in Mississippi and throughout the United States.”
With the addition of Mississippi, the CSBA grows to 52 organizations in 48 states.
“MS BIO will continue to build upon our strong network as we attract new ideas, new people and new investment. This partnership with BIO further validates and supports Mississippi’s emerging biotech presence,” said Dr. Leigh Ann Ross, president of MS BIO’s board of directors and associate dean for clinical affairs and chair of the Department of Pharmacy Practice at the University of Mississippi School Of Pharmacy.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment